Tenzo R whats the deal

bghonda

I am looking to buy my first car and want to buy some aftermarket seats what do you guys know about TENZO R racing seats: they are cheap at around 450 a pair compared to 1400 sparco's but are they good value are they supportive and also funciontal any replies are welcome Thanks :D

On a tangent here:

I went to go get some fuses from the Benz dealer and across from there was a Dodge lot, and in front were 2 Dodge Neon SRT-4s in all their FMIC glory...so I had to just walk across and see this turbo Neon. I could do without the dual exhausts, but I must say it's the best sounding 4-banger I've heard...but damn, I want those seats. Not bad IMO, nice and supportive almost as mouth watering as some Sparcos and others.

I love car sales people, two of them could not stop talking about how wonderful the car was, but when it came down to engine specifics: what's the engine code? what kind of turbo? how much does it boost? what's the stock hp? They kind of ran to the sticker hoping to find an answer on the thing... :laugh: They even went on to say, there's a whole bunch of other options that'll push the thing into 275 hp territory. WOW! That'd be a bargain over say a EVO VIII or STi. Especially since they couldn't stop talking about how it was only $19k. The one sales guy says only one has been sold in CA since they went on the market 8 days ago...and it was sold to none other tahn the salesman talking to us.

kinda funny that nobody is buying that car even though its supposed to be a "type-r killer."

agreed, i think its kinda odd that its supposed to be a type r killer yet there isnt a type r here to compete with it... the dc5 type r would hang with it even though its n/a.. and as for that srt-4 hanging with evos and sti's... doubtful, maybe the evo8, but not the sti. the sti will blow anythin out of the water for a while to come, half a liter more displacement then its nearest competition, and i believe it runs on less boost then the evo8. not to mention that the evo8 coming over here wont have all the cool stuff like the active yaw control on the japanese version, but the sti comes exactly as it would in japan, maybe a little more potent.

Yah, the sales guy just went on and on about Import Killer this...Import Killer that. I was like ok that's the way to make a sale to a guy who drove up in an Import. Anyhow, I'd prefer a STi as well as an EVO VIII over a SRT-4. Not a bad looking car, but I dunno the build quality looked like it would do now. Don't know how well it would hold up. Basing it on my friend's Neon, it won't be long before the thing falls apart.

BACK ON TOPIC THO: I'd save up for Sparcos. Then again, you should get whatever makes you happy with your car. I think in this market, what you pay for is what you get. Don't fool yourself into buying the cheaper stuff, cause sometimes you might be found longing. There are exceptions to the rule, seats maybe one of them...you should go sit in one and see how you like it. If you find that it feels like a racing seat should and the build would last, then go knock yourself out with some Tenzo Rs.

thx for the respone's guys... I geuss I should have said what kind of aftermarket seats do you guys have, what do you like and dislike about them. so maybe now my question is a little more clear. Also although the sti and evo are much better cars with build quality, much faster and overall tons more fun, the srt-4 is around 10k less than the two afformentioned cars..... not to say i would get one b/c i have heard awful stories of how neons hold up or i geuss dont hold up.

p.s.

Does anyone know a good site for interior and exterior modifications.

there nottin wrong wit gettin cheap car parts.. i mean if you broke, and not rich and your ghetto, u would go all crap!! but that me.. i wouldnt want to spend a million dollarz for some nice car parts.. (flee market rules!~!)

Tenzo R = cheap parts for car show ricers.

i disagree. tenzo is a respectable company. they make nice wheels (mean-6 baby!!!) and all their other stuff is pretty good too. its cheaper, and has less quality than sparco (when talking about seats) but you get what you pay for.

agreed on saving for a better seat... if you want a new seat, and aren't looking to spend a lot at the moment, look into some del sol seats.

agreed on saving for a better seat... if you want a new seat, and aren't looking to spend a lot at the moment, look into some del sol seats.

i like those del sol seap, i think it has lika.. color line on it.. looks nices

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know somebody with Tenzo R's or are these just opinions based on assumptions because "nothing's a Sparco!" Tenzo R actually makes some bad ass seats! My friend Jeremy has some in his Accord and they are VERY comfortable! I'm a few punds more than everyone else in the world and they fit me like a glove! I was very impressed. I used to say aww Tenzo R's are crap cause all I knew was Spraco! The he got them and now I have a couple just liek his in my company show car sitting in the showroom here!

big_seats_typer-evo.jpg

He has the blue ones.

Yes I did order Sparco's for the Civic but I had to go all out on it! Only the BEST OF THE BEST FOR ME!

• 3 weeks later...

i would go sparcos or recaros. when you want to look good you want nothing but the best. and the best costs lots.

lol not to get off topic but i have raced one of those new neon turbos. they arent bad little cars. i got it on the take off and it took me over at about 40 mph and then at about 65 i took it and never looked bad. they have some ungodly torque. let me tell you what.

• 1 year later...

Archived