first car buy need advice

bghonda

i am about to buy my first car and am deciding on either a 2000 civic hatch ex or 98 gsr, which is faster and which is a better value also which is easier to make mods to price wise. is there other goodoptions in the under 10 grand range thanks for the help..... if well maintained how many miles does a honda engine typically last until overhaul or other major repair is needed

ok wow we ask alot of questions.

1st ?: between the gsr and civic i would go with the gsr. its faster and imo more reliable than the newer civic engines(dont ask why). they are both a good value but i still stick with the gsr all the way. also they are both easy to mod because they are both hondas.

2nd ?: there are a couple other good options. u could get a 92-95 civic a 88-91 crx or a del sol. those are also very nice cars and very reliable and easily modified.

3rd ?: a honda motor usually depending on which one will last imo somewhere between 175,000-275,000 miles(yes i mean 275,000). i used ot have an old civic that i took care of and it had 269,365 miles on it and hte body and it was spotless.

Guest evocivic

i agree with floored blazer. i have a 96 civic and if i would have had the money would have gotten a gsr instead. but i do love my car so no regrets. the gsr has a lot more horespower and torque.

I'd also get a GS-R. Much more powerful than the Civic hatch. The only reason I wouldn't is because Integras and Civics are a dime a dozen. One of the reasons I stuck with the Sol. If you can find a 95 del Sol VTEC man, that'd be a keeper!

alien thanks guys gsr it is... but...what is a good value b/c i have a max of 10,000 and i want to leave some $ for mods i/h/e so whens good time to buy mileage wise under 100 k? and how much should i pay for a gsr in good condition under 100k mileage.... thanks.... sorry im new to this game

is there other goodoptions in the under 10 grand range thanks for the help

mmm

89-91 240sx fastback 3-4k (depending on condition) + 3-6k SR20DET Swap depending on year = 13's easily

oh and modded can easily run 12's to high 11's with proper tuning

of course i'm partial :blush:

where should i look online for good mods and what are some nice parts also how much should i spend for 17's with wheels and what are some brands to look for thanks and i know too many questions....

between a hatch and a gsr, i'd definately go hatch. you can always put a b18c1 in it.

as for other options, an 88-91 CRX is a good option, as floored said... however, a del sol? they're great cars, but require a lot more to make them quick. also, i wouldn't recommend a 92-95 civic coupe/sedan either. i'd go with the CRX, 88-91 hatch, or 92-95 hatch. you can pick any of them, especially the crx or 88-91 hatch, real cheap, and have plenty of money left over for an engine swap, or whatever.

as for the wheels, it depends on what you're looking to spend. if you want to go affordable but good, go with konigs.

how much would it cost to make a 88-91 crx a 13 or 14 second car in good condition or 98 to 2000 hatch the same 13 or 14 also is it possible to put a rsx engine into a ciciv hatch

i know some company put a k20 (rsx engine) in a 2000 civic coupe, but i'm not sure about a hatch. i guess you could work something out to fit it in...? i really don't see why you'd want to though, i mean, it is a 2 liter and what not, but there is a crapload more parts for a b18 and you'd probably be hitting better times/power with less money put into it. just my opinion though.

oh and:

i wouldn't recommend a 92-95 civic coupe/sedan either.

thats opinion... :)

i know some company put a k20 (rsx engine) in a 2000 civic coupe, but i'm not sure about a hatch. i guess you could work something out to fit it in...? i really don't see why you'd want to though, i mean, it is a 2 liter and what not, but there is a crapload more parts for a b18 and you'd probably be hitting better times/power with less money put into it. just my opinion though.

oh and:

i wouldn't recommend a 92-95 civic coupe/sedan either.

thats opinion... :)

wow, looks like you read the "i wouldn't recommend" part :rolleyes: but anyway, if you're looking to go faster for less, they're not the way to go

Archived