Honda Motors

1. bore - push higher revvs, and make more top end power, less rotating mass = faster and higher revver.

2. stroke - more torque for daily driving, always a good thing so you don't have to revv it to 8 grand to get up a hill....

3. both - no replacement for displacement.

This is a rather dumb thread.

You can't bore or stroke an engine for autocross without changing classes.

Drag doesn't matter since the engine doesn't have to last long (see why some drag cars are using 100mm+ stroke and turning 10k).

Daily, who cares.

I'd rather bore. More displacement, more top-end over equal displacement stroked setup (who needs bottom-end in a Honda?), makes the head flow better, wears better.

Lol, that's true SSR but I went to an autox one time and there was a civic si. The only reason he was in the "Sport Tuned" class was because he had a CF hood. Lol. He was running with a stock Sti, a stock Z06, and a Mustang Cobra. The Z06 and the Sti were running like 39 seconds (which for that track was very good). The civic was running a 43 and that's the best they had all day.

Mind you the Sti had an AMAZING driver.

But even the smallest of changes can put you in a different class.

hey, hey, hey give the man a break his trying to make some good damn thread personaly i like it cause it shows what u like and what u would do so what the f*ck. This is not stupid is just asking for an opinion if you dont feel like doing this thread then dont.

i would bore. bitches

i would bore it fo auto-x to keep the car in the migher revs a little easier

stroke for a dd for the stop and go bull crap.

and def both for drag big stroke+big bore=big power

hey, hey, hey give the man a break his trying to make some good damn thread personaly i like it cause it shows what u like and what u would do so what the f*ck. This is not stupid is just asking for an opinion if you dont feel like doing this thread then dont.

i would bore. bitches

yeah. and im just stating my opinion so STFU. i lost all respect for mike after that stupid "hf is ftl" thread".

this is the kinda crap that gives hf a bad name. you can tell that this site is ran by a bunch of teens. Stupid pointless off topic replies, stay on topic, or get out, or don't post.

and holy hell get off of the guy, I don't see any of you comming up with any other crap to make this forum any better.

so if you don't have anything educational to add, get the f**k out. I hate wading through decent topics to find the good posts.

end of rant.

Doesn't matter what you do to change your class. If you want to waste a couple grand on an engine build so you can not really be any faster in autocross and still get your ass kicked since you outclassed yourself, go ahead. RPM doesn't matter in autocross. Your courses are generally less than a minute long. If it was a roadcourse, then it would be different since they are 30 minute sessions.

You don't need anything for daily driving. Somehow my 107bhp and 102btq work fine for me daily driving. I can even start out uphill in 3rd if I didn't care about my clutch.

This is a rather dumb thread.

Drag doesn't matter since the engine doesn't have to last long (see why some drag cars are using 100mm+ stroke and turning 10k).

Daily, who cares.

I'd rather bore. More displacement, more top-end over equal displacement stroked setup (who needs bottom-end in a Honda?),

makes the head flow better, wears better.

engine dont have to last long on drag cars? see thats what i mean , thats just something someone dumb would say. hilarious. oh , lets spend 20,000 on an engine , so we can blow it up in 3 runs and build a new one. yeah sure SSR , thats exactly what they are thinking dude. your actually trying to tell me that the bottom end has anything to do with the amount of air the head can flow? dude , just leave and go to HT. get lost on the way. i hope you fall on your big nose and break it , wanker. better yet i hope someone smashes you in it.

They don't need to last long. Run an event, tear it down, re-ring it and put in new bearings. Resleeve or bore at the end of the season.

I never said bottom-end doesn't affect headflow. Reread my post. Bore makes the head flow better.

Archived