got my exhaust

alright...figured i'd put this in here. seems right.

anyways, i got my exhaust!!! ordered a Mozart (by Konig) Rear Section exhaust for my car about a week ago and finally got it today.

pics:

fc9eb758.jpg

this ones not so good...but hey, digi cam's cheap

fc9eb757.jpg

fc9eb756.jpg

fc9eb753.jpg

fc9eb752.jpg

install pics comming soon. and i'll have more feedback on the exhaust once i get it installed and i drive it...rev it...race it...impress the ladies with it. 8)

Where are you going to find an afghan when the circus pulls out of town?

don't be dissin my afghan... :(

i would of rather u gotten a A'PEXi N1 Exhaust sytem(hole thing).

believe me...i would have rather gotten that. but i paid a fraction of the cost of that system to get me what i want right now...this rear section is just temporary. :D

what happend to the rest of the exhaust?

its just the rear section...

just wondering why dont you just install it yourself....its literally 2 bolts.

and i did install it myself. did it today after i took the pics...i was going to take pics of the entire process of changing from stock to aftermarket for all the people who have never done this before (like me), but since i was limited on time i decided to just put it on real quick, then go show it off...then go to work. i'll take pics of it tomorrow. and if anybody needs to know how to install it, any questions about it, or whatever...just post or pm me.

yeah. two bolts. the bolts were the EASY part. the damn rubber things that hold it up was what got me pissed off :mad: but it was all worth it, sounds SOOOOO nice. looks good. i can't complain. anybody want my silencer? :D

cost me $229, and free shipping. see...fraction of the price of a full system, installs like a breeze, and gets you the look/some performance that you want. i can't really tell if its doing anything for my performance since thats the only thing i have on the car. the intake is on backorder so it'll be shipping out march 6th, when i get that and put it on i'm sure i'll notice more of a difference.

sounds nice...i'm happy with it. i'd suggest it to anybody looking for looks, sound, and better performance (and gas mileage...) over stock. and for the price it doesn't get much better...

just wanted to post up some links to give you people that are interested a little more info...

JCWhitney here it is on jcwhitney.com. although i don't recommend them because of their shipping methods. the box was a piece of crap, and the tip of my exhaust was a little bent when i got it. i couldn't get the silencer out with it being bent so i wrapped a rag around a hammer and lightly tapped the bend out...doesn't look bad. just a pain in my ass.

official konig site just for info and pics i guess. they have more than just the "tunable barrel slant muffler" that i have. looks like they have a catback kit for the accord. and a bunch of other stuff.

enjoy. :)

hey doug, if you didn't get a cold air intake, CANCEL THAT ORDER! a cai will DEFF be worth it!! trust meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. you just gotta... if you get an full catback exhaust, a cai is a must. i repeat...a MUST. i can't stress that enough :D

You know...At HIN (the one that just passed in Del Mar) I got this new rag coming out called "Tuner Performance Reports". They did a test on the V2 versus a whole slew of other CAI, as well as short rams. Very interesting read. From what I understood short rams produce a nice amount of power. BUT, it was pointed out that the shortrams suffered from heat soak, which in turn means performance drops the longer you are out there driving your car. And yes, at certain points in the RPM range, short rams and CAI can claim an added 10hp, but usually at peak, end up producing around +6-7 horses for a short ram and +4-5 horses for a CAI. BTW, it doesn't conclude who was the winner, but IMO it seems the INJEN was the winner, with decent amount of gains throughout the powerband.

yeah mark...i was debating what to get. cai, short ram, cai, short ram. so i just ended up going with the short ram because everywhere that i read it did just as good, or a only a little bit worse then the cai. plus it would be a lot easier to install for me because i don't have to cut away part of my fender wall or some crap like that...i'm not to comfortable with cutting stuff off my car, or drilling holes into it to mount stuff like amps.

yeah mark...i was debating what to get. cai, short ram, cai, short ram. so i just ended up going with the short ram because everywhere that i read it did just as good, or a only a little bit worse then the cai. plus it would be a lot easier to install for me because i don't have to cut away part of my fender wall or some crap like that...i'm not to comfortable with cutting stuff off my car, or drilling holes into it to mount stuff like amps.

since when do you have to cut anything to install a cai? huh

yeah you dont have to "cut" anything when you put in a cai. you just have to take out that stock air box and the tube thats attatched to it. i guess your right, its a hassle to take out that stock box you'd have to take it out when you install the short ram. its okay dude.. if its within your budget, go for it :)

cost me $229, and free shipping. see...fraction of the price of a full system, installs like a breeze, and gets you the look/some performance that you want. i can't really tell if its doing anything for my performance since thats the only thing i have on the car. the intake is on backorder so it'll be shipping out march 6th, when i get that and put it on i'm sure i'll notice more of a difference.

sounds nice...i'm happy with it. i'd suggest it to anybody looking for looks, sound, and better performance (and gas mileage...) over stock. and for the price it doesn't get much better...

you can get an apexi n1 for about 400-450

i was talking to a few people who have put cai's on their civic's, they said that they cut part of the fender wall out so that they can get the full effect or some crap like that. i don't know. i just decided to get a short ram since i live down a dirt road that gets FLOODED like a river, and you know how it rains in florida. plus, short ram will get me gains just short of a cai, so i'll take the cheaper price, less chance of killing my engine, and almost the same gains...short ram > CAI at least for me.

anyways, i'll have to replace it when i get my turbo anyway...you know, like 3 years from now :laugh:

You have to open the fenderwall on Civics to install a CAI? Ew :sad: I just removed my box and tube, and popped in the new stuff, nothing needed removing or anything.

I'm thinking of getting a new exhaust, and while I'm at it, might as well go to the local junkheap and find a busted turbo VW and get the turbine and repair it. :D

i know someone who is selling the garrett turbo that comes stock on rx7's...not sure how much he wants for it though. and i'm not sure exactly what it is, anybody know?

yeah, i don't want to have to cut, or "open", anything...thats too much hastle for me and i don't feel comfortable taking apart my car. it just gives me this wierd feeling inside. kinda like when someone you really don't like stands next to it and they have keys in their hands or something.

BAH! Just rip the sucker open. I've sat without my car for 3 days, mind you I had to goto work in the middle of all this, just to lower the damn thing. When bolts rust and seize up, you wish you had power tools. Or when I was changing out the header, oooh boy! That O2 sensor was just rusted in place...arrgh! That was 2 days without a car. The 3rd day I said fawk it and drove without an 02 sensor...I suppose that's bad, but my friend and I couldn't stop laughing at how loud and old school Beetle-ish it sounded. Then we ran it without a cat and that thing just shook the whole house. It's fun just tearing apart your car, it's a learning experience that you should at least try once. :D

So yah, what my point was, before I just started rambling, is that a CAI isn't that bad and not hard to install.

Archived