Question about coilover sleeves

CleanGSR

I had an idea recently. I'm wondering if I can buy a set of ebay coilover sleeves, throw away the springs and use the perches to make my comptech springs adjustable. Any thoughts? I guess the main thing to ask is whether the coilover springs are smaller than the regular lowering springs.....it looks like it in the picture. If they are, could I chop my comptech springs to the same height as the coilover springs that come with the kit? If I did do you think this would send my ride quality down the crapper? Any help or advice would be mucho obligo.

you never want to cut springs imo. your ride quality would suffer, but how much it suffered depended on how much of the springs you cut off. if you cut your spring, it will take less force to make it compress which means your car will bounce more. if you like bouncing around, then go ahead and do it, if not, keep the springs the way they are

coilovers are usually a little smaller diameter hung. and if you cut your springs in half , thats what youl do to your spring rate as well , which means youl be bouncing all over the place , and most likely kill your struts.

What about the height? I'm more curious as to whether the height of the spring is the same on lowering springs as on coilovers. If my springs are taller then wouldn't I be able to compress them down with the sleeves? I just need another inch and it would be nice to get that with my current springs since they ride so nice.

the sleeves dont compress the springs themselves, the sleeves control the amount of distance between the springs and the actual car. coilover springs are shorter than lowering springs, well, depending on the lowering spring, with my coilovers, i can drop my car 3.5"

I don't think it would bounce if I just cut one single coil out of the 10 coils that it has, but I don't want to take a chance of it looking really uneven. The passenger side sits a little higher right now (it did on my del sol with Tein's too). I don't know what all that's about but it bothers me a lot too.

I don't think it would bounce if I just cut one single coil out of the 10 coils that it has, but I don't want to take a chance of it looking really uneven. The passenger side sits a little higher right now (it did on my del sol with Tein's too). I don't know what all that's about but it bothers me a lot too.

do you still have your stock gsr blades?

do you still have your stock gsr blades?

No, when my dad bought the car at the Acura dealer it had the enkei's on it. When finalizing the sale, we asked them too load up the stock wheels and tires in the trunk (they charged for the enkei's but didn't take off for the blades). Well, they didn't have them anymore for whatever reason, so they gave him a $600 credit which he used toward the Comptech Catback and Comptech Header. I really wish I had blades instead of the enkei's though. Black tegs dropped on blades on teh sex.

No, when my dad bought the car at the Acura dealer it had the enkei's on it. When finalizing the sale, we asked them too load up the stock wheels and tires in the trunk (they charged for the enkei's but didn't take off for the blades). Well, they didn't have them anymore for whatever reason, so they gave him a $600 credit which he used toward the Comptech Catback and Comptech Header. I really wish I had blades instead of the enkei's though. Black tegs dropped on blades on teh sex.

i think any honda on 2nd gen blades is nice. are those enkei shoguns, by any chance? how much are you willing to spend on suspension? and if you do get new wheels, what kind?

My car does it too, I was wondering if I was the only one.

Modacar has some great suspension packages you should check out. A full omnipower with front and rear camber kit is $880, and some Ground Control's with Koni Yellow's are like $799.

I'm saving for Omni Sleeves and AGX's. Trying to get the best bang for my buck. Yeah, these are Enkei Shogun's repainted gunmetal. I'll probably save up for either gram lights or polished slips. I think gram lights would be nice cause I don't see them as often as all the others out there.

I've actually considered putting the 14's from my old del sol on the teg just for weight savings. I think that 14's would look kinda stupid on a teg though.

i was asking cause my friend is selling his tein ha's full coilovers for an itr but he is including the itr lca's. all for 800. the whole set up has about 7k miles on them.

Dang. If I had the money, I'd jump on it. I've also gotten an offer for D2's for around that price, but would rather have Tein's I think. I really need to save up some money. The question is if I have a grand laying around, do I upgrade the suspension or get rid of the heavy wheels???

Dang. If I had the money, I'd jump on it. I've also gotten an offer for D2's for around that price, but would rather have Tein's I think. I really need to save up some money. The question is if I have a grand laying around, do I upgrade the suspension or get rid of the heavy wheels???

well, since you have an okay suspension already, go with wheels, imo. the smaller wheels will bring your car lower anyways and make it look more proportioned.

Comptech Springs on stock struts. I don't know because getting lightweight wheels like gramlights would help my handling a ton too....also would help acceleration a good bit.....my wheels are hella heavy.

I wish there were more import/ricers around my area.....if I could sell my old wing, and sell the carbon fiber hood, I would be fairly close to the money I need.

Archived