200k miles on shocks

Humphries

I found springs online and just having another opinion on this but do you think i could get away with more than 10k miles on a 2.5 inch drop with stock shocks?

i'll be getting a camber kit also.

or should i just save fully for the Omnipower set?

I ran Neuspeed race springs 2.5 drop with camber on stock struts for like 5k miles, but my car only has 75k miles :D but then I got a set of KYB gas shocks, mine rode fine but they also only had 65k miles when I did that also. Not sure about 200kweird.gif

I found springs online and just having another opinion on this but do you think i could get away with more than 10k miles on a 2.5 inch drop with stock shocks?

i'll be getting a camber kit also.

or should i just save fully for the Omnipower set?

first, you shouldn't really ever drop a car on stock struts. sure they can last a while, but they can also blow out in no time. a stock strut is exactly what it says. a strut for driving at a stock height. if it was a slight drop i'd say go for it, but it wouldn't be worth being cheap about suspension, especially 200k miles.

cheap combo - solles' omni slip ons he talks about, and some KYB struts, and get the AGX struts, the GR2's are cheap because they are a stock replacement, not a lowering strut.

I've been dropped for 67,000 miles on stock struts with no problems. My drop is only 1.25-1.5 inch drop though. Mine came off the dealer lot with the comptech springs and stock struts. I plan to get the omni sleeves and drop it another inch pretty soon and am hoping to last about 10,000 miles on the stock struts. It will be about 2 or 3 months before I can save up for the shocks. You could always get the omni sleeves and only drop it 1.5" for now and then when you get your new struts, drop it another inch. I'm sure you'd be fine with a 1.5" drop.

• 2 months later...

Get dampers with new springs esp aftermarket because the dampers will bottom out internally and will fail almost immediately. More than an inch drop I would give the dampers 500 miles till failure. Springs/dampers for a drop look, coilovers for a dropped car that handles. If you aren't going race and you know the drop you want just get springs/dampers.

-Steve.

Archived