NOOBS, read here

mountaindewguy

ok there has been alot of noobs lately, cool. but noobs, there are a few things you need to know/understand that you might not already know.

lets list some.

1. It's VTEC. not v-tec, vtech, or v-tech, or any other way. VTEC, simple. steers and queers do that, and steers can't type...

2. It's headeR, with just an R, you do not have more than one of these on your car (not on a 4 cyl. anyways) you just sound like a complete dumbass when you say "i need to get an intake, and headers for my car!"

3. No, ebay headers are not any good. in fact, they are pieces of crap. Most people will recommend DC sports or Greddy headers if you ask, because you can't beat them for the price. there are a couple more high dollar headers out there that are really good. you'll find out more about these later. but for now, you can unbolt your OBX piece of crap and throw it away. Ebay headers are for homo's. you are not a homo, are you?

4. Intakes - ebay is good if you don't want true performance. I don't care who you are, a name brand intake (not matrix or something like that, thats for people with small penises) is probably going to get better and more efficient flow. regardless of the price.

5. Exhaust, either custom make one, or pay the money.

* and a muffler does NOT add HP.

**magnaflow is crap. these are hondas, not chevys.

now on to other stuff.

6. PWNT - if you have been Pwnt, owned, ownd, pwnd, pwned, ownt, pwn, or any other way you spell it, you alread fracked up. way to impress people, jackass.

and do NOT try to pwn someone thats respected here. in turn you will get pwnt twice over, and look more like a jackass.

7. GTFO NOOB, or STFU NOOB! - if you hear one of these, you fracked up. leave the site and kill yourself.

so if i post this:

STFU.jpg

then you have been slightly pwnt, but you also fracked up.

8. threadjacking. despite what the mods say, threadjacking is totally acceptable here. if you are a regular. if you threadjack and you are a noob, see #6 and 7.

9. FTL/FTW - for the win, for the lose. good or bad, get it?

googlemofo.jpg

11. you are a noob. i don't care if you pimped Honda tech forever. you're here now, and you're a noob.

if any regs want to add something, go ahead.

what is a VTEC?

I hope your not being an a$$hole, but if your not then I will let you know that VTEC stands for variable valve timing and lift electronic control, I dont feel like explaining how it completly works, plus you have to know how an engine works to understand it, but if you really want to know refer to this thread.

I hope your not being an a$$hole, but if your not then I will let you know that VTEC stands for variable valve timing and lift electronic control, I dont feel like explaining how it completly works, plus you have to know how an engine works to understand it, but if you really want to know refer to this thread.

i was being an ass:(

No it wouldn't lol just some of it.

well most of it starts with vtech and headerS. then the regs hate this person, and give them ish, then the noob gets all pissed and it never ends.

then there are some cases with odd pictures of noobs.......but that should never be brought up again

naw dude i'm being serious. a little google here, a little common sense there, a little more google here, a little less douchbag here, and this place would be much more friendly.

As a noob here (I'm willing to admit) I'm going to say that I new 100% of that information listed before I even signed up, just because I hung out a little first. I'm not saying that I won't, and that I haven't ever said anything wrong, in correct, or stupid, but IMO, paying attention to what is happening on a board like this can go a long way before you ever post.

IMO, stickying this thread sounds like a good idea, but would be worthless because if someone is in a rush and is going to type something stupid, or repeated, or anything else, then they aren't going to take the time to read ANY sticky's, much less this one.

Also, I'm going to work on my v-tech later and get me some headers for my ride. Anyone got a problem with that?

(Flame Away) lol :D

see i knew everything on that list im just an idiot and dont think as i type so the h kinda ends up on vtec occasionaly but as far as headers or a header go weather you like hondas or v8's you gotta admit a chevy 350 with headers and straight 3" pipes commin off sounds prettttyyyy nice

also i forgot ... allll other noobs listen to the no flaming regs back thing .. i learned the hard way.. to get respect on here you have to earn it, and crap talking is not one of the ways so if you get owned just accept it if anything respect the reg who owned your for having the ability to own you in the first place..

Technically speaking, I could see "Headers" being considered appropriate... There are 4 pipes, plural, and in a 4-2-1 header, there are to pieces, plural, so I could see "headers" being accepted. Maybe it's the type of thing like "a bra" but its a "pair of panties"... Funny analogy, but its true...

also i forgot ... allll other noobs listen to the no flaming regs back thing .. i learned the hard way.. to get respect on here you have to earn it, and crap talking is not one of the ways so if you get owned just accept it if anything respect the reg who owned your for having the ability to own you in the first place..

True... Live with it if you get owned...

this guy gets it

Technically speaking, I could see "Headers" being considered appropriate... There are 4 pipes, plural, and in a 4-2-1 header, there are to pieces, plural, so I could see "headers" being accepted. Maybe it's the type of thing like "a bra" but its a "pair of panties"... Funny analogy, but its true...

a header is a whole assembly, thats it. nothing more, nothing less.

Archived