Official General Photography Thread

chris(pa)

costa rica is awesome. did you go on the ziplines there? one of them was 1/4 mile long, and 300ft above the jungle

No unfortunately I didn't, we wanted to but it took too much of our time. We went to the volcanos though which was pretty sweet. I went there for a wildlife conservation volunteer job there. It was pretty sweeet.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah we stayed at a place right next to a volcano. then we went to the heated pools from the volcano. the higher up the mountain/hill you climbed, the hotter pools got. i would post pics, but my camera broke the first day there....

No unfortunately I didn't, we wanted to but it took too much of our time. We went to the volcanos though which was pretty sweet. I went there for a wildlife conservation volunteer job there. It was pretty sweeet.

Really? What'd you do?

yeah theres a bunch of zipline places in costa rica though. ask her if the one she went to had a giant rope swing about 3/4 of the way through. there was like a total of 12 ziplines. the rope swing had a 3 story tower that you would climb, they would hook you in, and push you off. at the peak of the swing you were a couple hundred feet high, because the ground dropped off. it was saweet

Really? What'd you do?

It was specifically sea turtle conservation. We'd go out in the middle of the night sometimes and watch out for the turtles laying the eggs, and when they do, we'd move them so they're free of poachers/predators/tide etc. We had to do a lot of bitch work sometimes though to like cleaning the beach, and since it was a self sufficient community we had to pump water out of the well, clean up the camp, clean our dishes, etc. etc.

yeah theres a bunch of zipline places in costa rica though. ask her if the one she went to had a giant rope swing about 3/4 of the way through. there was like a total of 12 ziplines. the rope swing had a 3 story tower that you would climb, they would hook you in, and push you off. at the peak of the swing you were a couple hundred feet high, because the ground dropped off. it was saweet

That sounds awesome. I have no idea which one it was. All I know is it was over the jungle. I can virtually guarantee you that I will not be asking her anything anymore so that will remain a mystery. Makes me wanna go, though.

i think thats the one i went to. Costa Rica is FTMFW! best trip i have ever gone on

It was specifically sea turtle conservation. We'd go out in the middle of the night sometimes and watch out for the turtles laying the eggs, and when they do, we'd move them so they're free of poachers/predators/tide etc. We had to do a lot of bitch work sometimes though to like cleaning the beach, and since it was a self sufficient community we had to pump water out of the well, clean up the camp, clean our dishes, etc. etc.

That's awesome. Ecology conservation ftw.

I went on an ET tour with a bunch of people from my school to Washing DC in 8th grade, it was freaking awesome. We did so much stupid crap. One of my friends peed on a chair in the hotel. I made 5 dollars in change playing the harmonica. Oh yeah, we saw a dead hobo too.

ET????phone home......

haha yeah this one kid, about 6'3 close to 300 lbs. drunk off his ass, fell through a railing built of 5-6 inch trees/logs. somehow the less drunk kids put it back together with sticks and coconuts. dont ask, but it worked lol. luckily we left that place the next morning

• 10 months later...

excellent pictures. how can you use that for a desktop image? At 1024x683 its way to damn small. You would need the original file at a minimum of 1600x1200 to keep from distorting it.

Archived