Well I have a few options here...

b16a1CRXSiR

Well as you all know, i have an '89 Honda CRX Si. I have the b16a1 swapped in it. I have all my suspension on it, my intake mani, header, short throw shifter, all my gauges (pretty much how i want the car). The question arises though. When i bought this car, the guy that had it before me took out the sunroof. Now, most of you ask why he would do that, when the real question is how did he do it. He jerry rigged the sunroof panel in the hole and welded it shut. Then he put on a non sunroofed roof. When my car is glossed it looks dumb b/c of the ripples and stuff.

OKAY...now for the fun stuff. I found a '91 CRX Si (for $300). Everything works on it, except it needs a hood and a front bumper. Im wanting to build my b16...and my dad told me to buy that other rex and drop it in there since there's nothing been "messed" with. I was just wanting to know you guy's opinion. Im really leanin toward droppin it in the '91. Well just let me know!

id say buy it so you can build your motor. and the sunroof on the CRX's is soooo simple. the whole roof actually. if you wanted to do the glass roof or put another sunroof back in it its cake. the only problem you would have is cutting his patch job out and making it look normal depending on how kneeger rigged it is

if you want to go that route, as you may know from my part out post. i still have my sunroof out of my 89 CRX Si

the 91 crx , if its an Si , should have 4 wheel disc brakes as well , as your 89 doesnt. also worthwhile. i say go with the 91 for sure , as long as it isnt rotten.

the 91 crx , if its an Si , should have 4 wheel disc brakes as well , as your 89 doesnt. also worthwhile. i say go with the 91 for sure , as long as it isnt rotten.

Well here's the thing with the sunroof - in my 89, it HAD one...the guy that welded it up cut out all that support mounts so it'd be a pain in the butt to put one back in.

Cranny - the 88-89 CRX Si had the option of either disk or drums. It came w/ disks. The 91 has no rust and is flawless besides the hood and front bumper. i can get it for like $300. All i'd have to do is jump it off and drive it home.

As for airjordan, im going to just swap the motor. but in the process of building my motor, im gonna go back and buy a whole new suspension. does anyone suggest n e thing that's moderate...and not really expensive?

The roof panel is a cake job, even if you were to remove the previous owners botch job and either stick with a sunroof or go with a dx roof. It would have made sense for him to "remove" the sunroof by removing all of its components, removing the skin, and putting a dx skin on it, as it would have saved weight, but there's no logical reason for him to have done what he did as per your description.

If the other CRX is in better condition, and is an Si model, then you may as well just swap your engine into that body.

that suspension is good, im running eibach sportline and tokico blues and im very happy with it, just to give you some more names. for a camber kit, i just picked up omni power front and rear camber. ive had it lowered for like 3 years and the tread wear is starting to be noticeable, so i figure buy the camber kit and save on tires

Well okay, here's the catch tho...i dont know ANYONE that has found, or can find an Omni Power camber kit for a 88-91 CRX. So if you can get ahold of one, let me know. also any suggestions on the interior? should i go OEM? Or should i do a teggy conversion? There's some other things - like tail and head lights....OEM? or one pieces? give me some ideas.

ok ill look around for a camber kit for you

well its your car, do what you like the best. first focus on getting what you need on the car, swap + suspension. then if you have some money, start doing the little things to clean it up a bit, such one piece headlights....

and by a teggy conversion on the interior do you mean just teg seats?

start doing the little things to clean it up a bit, such one piece headlights....

and by a teggy conversion on the interior do you mean just teg seats?

Yea i've been wanting some one piece headlights...for cheap tho. lol. well i want to get some newer (98-00) seats, teggy gauge cluster, i want to custom in the teg climate control. Basically put teg accents all over my rex. and thanx for looking for me. the upper support (A) frame can only move out so far. that's why i dont have my rex dropped where i want it - lol.

i say buy the '91 and put the B16 in that, but keep your '89 for parts that you may want to swap over for one reason or another...

I have Sprint springs on KYB AGX struts w/ no camber kit (my camber isn't bad though)...the only reason i'd say stay away from KYB is because mine blew in the front, but that's because I dropped it 2 1/2 inches lol...

If you go with one-piece headlights, go with the JDM EF sedan ones. They'll cost more than some cheesy APC set, and from what I have heard will require a little bit of modification (possibly), but they'll look 10,000 times better.

yea as for the headlights, i was going to go for JDM ones. Im tryin to find the SiR one pieces for CRXs. And the KYBs shouldnt have busted. that's odd. heck, i might go for some tockico illuminas. i just want some adjustable shocks. what is the best springs tho? I mean, im tryin to make my car uber fast and be able to take corners like a mo-fo. just give me some more insight/prices/links/etc. that would really be helpful.

thanks again guys!......and girls!

Cranny - the 88-89 CRX Si had the option of either disk or drums. It came w/ disks. The 91 has no rust and is flawless besides the hood and front bumper. i can get it for like $300. All i'd have to do is jump it off and drive it home.

another thing different about canada and the states.

Archived