Body Kit

ImportGirl82

Ok i thought about asking you guys and gals about a body kit..i want everyones opinion...come tax time if i get enough after registering my car i want to get a body kit.... i want something that is not to busy if you know what i mean...my car is a family car so got to think o f that...but any i deas will help...pics too...remeber i have a 2001 honda civic dx...oh yeah it is silver...

Ok i thought about asking you guys and gals about a body kit..i want everyones opinion...come tax time if i get enough after registering my car i want to get a body kit.... i want something that is not to busy if you know what i mean...my car is a family car so got to think o f that...but any i deas will help...pics too...remeber i have a 2001 honda civic dx...oh yeah it is silver...

i'd say no kit, unless it's extremely simple, which is the only reason i love and still have the kit on my crx... anyway, i'm not sure what they have out anymore for the '01 civics... :crazy:

i'd say no kit, unless it's extremely simple, which is the only reason i love and still have the kit on my crx... anyway, i'm not sure what they have out anymore for the '01 civics... :crazy:

I agree. Keep it simple. Instead of opting for a whole new front bumper, throw on a lip. OEM or whatever...can't really go wrong with lips...as full bumpers usually go out of style.

Also, you should check into the Civic Hybrid's front bumper. That things looks a little more sportier compared to the stock Civic bumper.

photo_06_popup.jpg

this might be a little off topic, but i jsut had a question.

i know with the early hybrids, the cars shape was designed to have a more aerodynamic flow (we talked about this in my aero class). does it still hold true with the newer hybrids? or do they just slap a hybrid engine in a normal body?

just curious...(as always)

-Kirkus

dude do you like to try and steal my threads....geez....make ur own.... i let it go the first time but the second time...errrr....

Anyways...buddy..do you know about,,rear bumbers.....i need to get a new one...so hubby said that you better off paying 2 hundred more... for a kit...i like the hybird front..they have anything for the rear..

dude do you like to try and steal my threads....geez....make ur own.... i let it go the first time but the second time...errrr....

people stealing you threads is something your going to have to get used to on this board. i know i do it alot on accident, but a lot of other people do it too.

people stealing you threads is something your going to have to get used to on this board. i know i do it alot on accident, but a lot of other people do it too.

I do it a lot...especially at 2am. :laugh:

i know with the early hybrids, the cars shape was designed to have a more aerodynamic flow (we talked about this in my aero class). does it still hold true with the newer hybrids? or do they just slap a hybrid engine in a normal body?

I believe there was significant gains in Hybrid engine technology, where it was feasable to stick them on a regular sedan. Toyota is planning on having a Hybrid version of each model in it's line-up. :crazy:

Anyways...buddy..do you know about,,rear bumbers.....i need to get a new one...so hubby said that you better off paying 2 hundred more... for a kit...i like the hybird front..they have anything for the rear..

Hmmmm, not sure about rear bumpers. Again, I'd prolly try to stick with lips, since those aren't as garish as most kits out there. Kind of hard finding stuff for a 4 Door 2001 Civic, but I gotta say Kaminari's kit is nice...although I don't think they are bumper replacements. But, their fitment is some of the best among body kit manufacturers. http://www.kaminari.com/products/01Civic.h...htm#big_picture

my beef. i'm sorry. i just find it easier to post in a topic that is somewhat related to what i'm asking about. instead of just starting a whole new thread. like i said, my beef. i'll try to keep it down to a minimum.

-Kirkus

Unless you want to keep looking like a ricer, don't get a bodykit, spend the money on something that will actually make you faster.

she wants a simple kit. not one of those ricey ass off the wall lines and wierd stuff all over em body kits.

i think a simple kit on a newer civic would make it look more like a luxury car, put some wheels on it and it will be really nice looking. but for my car (5th gen civic) i think i'm going to do what buddy said, just put some different lips on it. my stock lips are kinda plain, but at least i have some :)

(honda_civicex95 @ Feb 6 2003, 7:57 AM)

oh i know it not a big thing..it just when i dont get my answer first..then i dont car after that about getting my thread jacked...and when i posted that i was sick as a dog so anything annoyed me...but i got my answers so steal away...lol

i do it alot.. but it relates to the topic

and if i do it to much and it gose off topic, i say im sorry....

sorry!!

i do it alot.. but it relates to the topic

and if i do it to much and it gose off topic, i say im sorry....

sorry!!

you guys are too cute as well as funny....

Don't stray to far from stock, and you should be fine :D As I said, Wings West's kits for the Civic aren't bad and their fitment is good to boot. I'd prolly choose something from them.

don't know what they have out for the newer civics, but wings west does make really good kits. i have one on my crx, and haven't had any problems with it. i also haven't heard any complaints from anyone i know who has one or has had one. just be sure to get a urethane kit, whichever way you plan to go :nod:

Don't stray to far from stock, and you should be fine  :D As I said, Wings West's kits for the Civic aren't bad and their fitment is good to boot. I'd prolly choose something from them.

don't know what they have out for the newer civics, but wings west does make really good kits. i have one on my crx, and haven't had any problems with it. i also haven't heard any complaints from anyone i know who has one or has had one. just be sure to get a urethane kit, whichever way you plan to go :nod:

The green one is a wing's west kit.

i'm liking the second one. the gold one. its clean. wait a minute, i'm supposed to be a ricer...whats wrong with me?

i want a kit kinda like that for my civic, but i'm not going for a kit just yet.

will that second kit go for my car even if its a four door and that one a 2 door..wasnt sure if they made it just for the 2 dr..

Archived