Hi

snowblind8810

Hello,

My name's Tom, I live in michigan. I'm a freshman at the university of michigan-dearborn, and I drive a 1999 dodge neon. Anyway I'm just speculating on these honda things for a starter project, since it's supposedly easy.

Anyway, I've got a few mods on my neon, but not much since it's a daily driver. My current project is a SOHC cavalier-killing neon. Too many of those around here.

Any advice, or anything I should know (like what's the easiest swap for the power, that'd probably be pretty common), thanks in advance.

first dump the neon. find a honda or acura that suits you and buy it. now about the swaps and power, it all matters on what you want to do with the car. do you want a turbo, do you want it n/a, do you want it built for high compression, for drag, or circuit. talk to solLes, he has alot of good advice.

I'll never dump the neon. I don't know if it's a sore point with Honda owners, but it's the right size for me, I'm getting over 30 mpg, and it's easy to drive.

I pretty much like fast daily drivers. Usually someone on telegraph will just blow by me, then I have to always decide if it's even worth chasing. Most of the time it's not, pretty much because I've never had the money to mod cars until now. I'm not a flashy person, I like stock looking cars. But there is an excess of automatic mustangs arond here I'd like to show up.

You can have all those same things in a honda with the added bonus of running in the 13's. Any faster than that and you'll probably lose some gas mileage. The easiest way would be to buy something that has the platform you want. If you want DOHC search out a Del Sol VTEC or 99-00 SI. If you want a SOHC to build then your options are a lot greater. You could also look at any of the 3rd Gen Tegs. Both the LS and GSR have plenty of potential and you could get into an LS for pretty cheap. If you wanna spend some time looking for one, find a 2nd gen teg GSR. You'll be low key and definately have some potential.

you want good advice , most will agree , regardless of the car you choose cause so many cars are swapped now. make sure you get a car with a DOHC VTEC engine(pretty much what hung is saying).

honda "things"?? are you trying to put a honda motor in your neon? i'm confused.

No. I was alluding to the fact that I'm totally inexperienced with anything Honda. My mom has a Civic Hybrid, but I've driven it once and it's ok.

sell your neon. buy an integra.

No. The neon is worthless to anyone but me anyway.

Boo UofM. MSU FTW.

Hey-I got a full ride, otherwise I woulda been there.

Anyway, basically I'm saying Hi, I'm giong to be reading a lot on swapping, if anyone has any useful links, please share them. And if anyone knows the answer most Honda noobs ask: What's the easiest swap for the power? Please answer. 'm not in any rush and it's a planned 'winter project' to take up space in my garage. It'd be nice to have something to put around in to shut some of my friends up.

No. I was alluding to the fact that I'm totally inexperienced with anything Honda. My mom has a Civic Hybrid, but I've driven it once and it's ok.

No. The neon is worthless to anyone but me anyway.

Hey-I got a full ride, otherwise I woulda been there.

Anyway, basically I'm saying Hi, I'm giong to be reading a lot on swapping, if anyone has any useful links, please share them. And if anyone knows the answer most Honda noobs ask: What's the easiest swap for the power? Please answer. 'm not in any rush and it's a planned 'winter project' to take up space in my garage. It'd be nice to have something to put around in to shut some of my friends up.

dude, he wants a sleeper...

keep the neon and no one will ever know what flew past them

everyone knows hondas get modded

too bad you cant make a neon fast.

if he wanted to stay with a neon id say go with an srt-4, even though i hate them.

and honestly, no one knows honda's get modded. at least not fast ones. everyone assumes honda's just have an exhaust and sound like crap (which, in most cases they do, frackin ricers). thats why my del sol was so much fun.

too bad you cant make a neon fast.

if he wanted to stay with a neon id say go with an srt-4, even though i hate them.

and honestly, no one knows honda's get modded. at least not fast ones. everyone assumes honda's just have an exhaust and sound like crap (which, in most cases they do, frackin ricers). thats why my del sol was so much fun.

Um, you can make a neon fast. Turbos are fairly common and probably not any harder to install than on a Honda (I've never done one). 2.4 Swaps apparently aren't THAT hard either, but again I've never done one.

But I know personally how well the car responds to mods. Since I have a SOHC, I/H/E improves perfomance ~15hp, and for under 1 $500 you're looking at gains of 30-40whp.

I'm not here to debate on why I drive a neon. I do want to know about Honda, about how hard engine swaps are, and whatever else I should know. Once I swap, my basic plan is usually I/H/E, Hotter Cam(s), Adjustable Cam Gear(s), UDP, ECU.. I've never got through this plan on any vehicle I've owned, but any suggestion on what's useful and useless on Honda in terms of Modding, let me know.

Archived