Spoon Engines

my hubby wanted to know if anyone knows of any web sites for spoon engines. he wants to try and get an 91 accord for $800 that is at a friends junk yard. the car runs and everything but the engine smokes all to hell. the body is in almost perfect condition but for a few small dings and some scratches. so if any one can help with knowing a web site id like to know. working on cars is kind of a hobby for him. i do believe that he will want to try and get a spoon engine but if he cant get one what do you people suggest. also if he does get a spoon engine he wants to put all spoon parts on it as much as possible. thanx w00t

For one Spoon Engines aren't meant for the street, they are race engines. All a spoon engine is: a venturi plate, thinner head gasket, balanced rods and pistons, larger throttle body, HAMP oil filter, possible stroker kit. The rest is OEM Honda.

You can find them at:

Inline Four

Spoon stuff will get expensive...good luck!

For one Spoon Engines aren't meant for the street, they are race engines. All a spoon engine is: a venturi plate, thinner head gasket, balanced rods and pistons, larger throttle body, HAMP oil filter, possible stroker kit. The rest is OEM Honda.

yea i like there throttle bodie... its like at 80mm wide

i wouldn't recommend getting a spoon engine. for one, they are for race applications - thats already been said. second they cost WAY to much money. third, he should be prefectly satisfied with a b series engine for that accord.

but if he has to have spoon...then go for it. it'd be one hell of a car 8)

If he is going to build the engine up n/a or f/i, just have the engine blueprinted and balanced, that will cost a lot less than buying a whole Spoon engine.

www.jdmhondaparts.com

or

www.passwordjdm.com

for JDM engines.

You willl want the H22A-S with 220hp.

You willl want the H22A-S with 220hp.

i dont think a h22a will clear the 91 accord hood line

yea it will fit, my cousin((damn asians have alotta cousins AHHA)) putta H23a in his 91 accord (once D16Y8 powered), the hood was minor shaved off, i mean the hood was how do you say.. it was kinda gutted out..:ninja:

we should be ok with our 9w1 accord that we possibly get.. if not you know we will make something up to make it work..but still look cool...

SPOON motor waste of money have him buy the parts individually and then have about 4500 left over to build another one.....

no jun isnt as bad as spoon or TODA but they are worth it. and not all there stuff is for all motor apps only. also the t78h will spool in a decent power range unless u do the internals. i would say a port/polish, multia angle valve job, sleeved, bored .60 over, and a few more things and u should be bangin

• 3 weeks later...

ok after all the talk about the spoon engines for a 91 accord, well its not gonna happen cuz i didnt get the car. as some of you may know by now i ended up getting a 91 civic lx 4dr. i was looking on the spoon site and i noticed its only gonna cost about 6g's for the b16a. i know this is probably to much money but think about it a spoon engine in a car that would get me from point A to point B and back to point A really fast. also when someone tries to pull up and race me they wont have a clue as to what i have under the hood. lol.

lol how about jsut buy a b16a1 or b16a2 and then get all spoon internals, add a t3/t4 hybrid turbo, a'pexi n1 exhaust system, hks intercooler, hks wastegate, hks blow-off valve, hks piping, msd ignition box, msd ignition wires, msd blaster 2 coil, bored .60 over, sleeved, multi-angle valve job, pot, polish, cai, bore your tb .30 over, new fuel pump, hks injectors, hks fuel rail, and a few more things and u have your boost running about 12-15 lbs all day and u will be faster than that spoon engine and it shoudl cost you only about 4gs. very verynice and u shoudl push about 425-500 hp.

i was looking on the spoon site and i noticed its only gonna cost about 6g's for the b16a.

if you look more closely thats ONLY the block and head, you still need trany, mounts, intake manifold, header, ecu, wiring, axles, ect ect.

lol how about jsut buy a b16a1 or b16a2 and then get all spoon internals, add a t3/t4 hybrid turbo, a'pexi n1 exhaust system, hks intercooler, hks wastegate, hks blow-off valve, hks piping, msd ignition box, msd ignition wires, msd blaster 2 coil, bored .60 over, sleeved, multi-angle valve job, pot, polish, cai, bore your tb .30 over, new fuel pump, hks injectors, hks fuel rail, and a few more things and u have your boost running about 12-15 lbs all day and u will be faster than that spoon engine and it shoudl cost you only about 4gs. very verynice and u shoudl push about 425-500 hp.

are you insane? a turbo with spoon internals? not to mention spoon pistons dont come .60 over, but they would also raise the c.r. of a b16 to around 12.5:1. mate that with a turbo and 12-15psi :crazy: of boost and you run the risk of ACTUALLY blowing a spoon piston through your hood. if you're gonna go turbo dont go with spoon pistons as they are for n/a applications. i agree with everything floored said except the spoon pistons go with lower compression ones from endyne or je and you'll easily push 400+ hp

Toda isn't just for all-motor, loko at their Sports Injection kit.

not to jump in here...and i didn't read all this thread, just this page so...

where did anybody say that toda was for all-motor only? floored said:

no jun isnt as bad as spoon or TODA but they are worth it. and not all there stuff is for all motor apps only.

s14 silvia u can use spoon pistons with a turbo app i was just being a little carried away with my self and said 12-15 lbs of boost. with spoon pistons i would say baout 5-10 lbs of boost MAX. with endyne pistons i would guarentee about 12-18 lbs of boost no prob. that woudl be sweet as hell though if spoon made low comp pistons

Archived