remote start on a manual tran.

thelastoriginal

My Prelude has a remote start on it, just depends on which model car you have I guess because on alot of cars you have to push the clutch in to start it, my car you dont.

yeah , for manuals , you have to set the car when you get out of it to start next time you want. so youd staop , put ebrake on , leave car in neutral!!!(as they disengage the neutral safety for this) , set it with your button on the remote , turn off car and get out and lock it. somin like that. its not like an auto where at anytime you can push button to start it. maybe they are now though as long as car is in neutral i dont know , its been awhile since ive messed with one.

don't know about your area, but a lot of places around here won't install them on manual tranny cars due to the liability of the car possibly lurching forward if you accidentally leave it in gear. Seems like SolLes said that it was the same in his area, but I could be mistaken.

I live in Memphis, Tn and there is a large stereo/alarm/tint shop here that does it. I talked with their manager and crap and he said it is legal but there is some sort of deactivator or something. So, bassicaly it will know if your car is in gear or not, if it is it won't start. He said not all alar systems have it. He wasn't trying to sell anything to me either I know the guy and already have an alarm. If what he said is 100% true or not I don't know for sure, but that's what he says and he says his place does it all the time "legally". Road trip? lol

Archived