Biggest Engine

Squashua

Starting another topic randomly:

So what exactly is the biggest enginethat can be put into a civic, that actually runs proper and can be just be drove around normally and such. A V8 (small block maybe)? V6 (sounds more reasonable)? Just asking...

LOL, how the hell are you gonna fit a worthwhile V8 into a honda without doing some MAJOR fabrication. yeah it can be done but you pretty much gotta rebuild the car, it would be badass though. i'll admit that honda engine bays are roomier than i thought but i don't think you would be able to fit anything other than another honda engine in there, without serious fabrication. would still be badass though.

if its rear wheel drive, then a small block v8 will most likely fit. such cars as the 240sx and older supras will accept a v8 motor. the s2000 will accept a v8 also, but with all the parts available for that motor, it would be kind of pointless. if i was going to drop a v8 or v6 in a jap car, it would probably be a 240sx. getting it to fit under the stock hood is another story, but you can get cowls that can be welded on to your hood to keep almost any motor covered.

and no, it does not take major fabrication at all, the headers is the biggest challenge, they have ot be custom made. also a rollcage is a must, or by the time u take a drive and come back home the car will look like a pig tail, or solles's little weiner.

no 90integra thats not true at all. i know a mechanic that if you buy a v8, he would drop it in a 240sx for 600 dollars, and about 2000 to install an injected one such as the ls1. a stock older 240sx would cost you about 2 grand. if you buy a rollcage kit yourslef and install and weld it, it will cost about 300 dollars. also the rear end will need to be changed or upgraded will will set you back about 1500. overall the car will cost about 4-5 grand, and you can get a 385 horsepower 405 torque 355 small block out of JEGS for 4 grand. thats less then 10 grand. the reward? a motor on wheels basically.

that nissan did end up rather expesive because thw motor alone cost $10,000, but that car will also smoke any corvette.

Well just holy crap batman, Lol. I sure as hell would love to drive one of those, but maybe I can with my Honda. I'm waiting on closing day on my house so I can get moved in and save an ass load of money. % grand wont take too long...I hope.

Ack but wait...I would have to make into rear wheel drive. Exactly how would thaqt be done?

well you would have to get a small frame, that woul dhave room for a driveshaft. the body of your civic would have to be raised off of its frame and dropped onto a different frame. there is a million little things to it and there is a lot of fabrication, and measuring for that matter.

you would have to order a frame with similar dimensions of a civic, but have a large open area in the middle all the way to the rear. a gm rear end and driveshaft would have to be able to fit on this frame. you would have to create custom mounting areas for shocks and springs and tranny mounts also. along with that you would have to add strong sreas where the original honda would mount to this new frame. remember you would need to measure the wheelbase and width of the honda, and shorten a chevy driveshaft, so you could mount the rear end and suspension in the correct area, so when you droppped the honda body on the frame the wheels would be centered in the wheel wells. also, a v8 would never fit under the hood of a front wheel drive honda unless there was a lot of cutting and fabbing. also, you would need a front end from a vehicle that was made to clear a v8, but the width would be similar to the hondas so the tires would be in the correct spot. there would also need to be custom made brackets and mounts for the steering system and front suspension. along with all of this, to fit the driveshaft, the floorpans would have to be cut and a new half moon sheet would have to be welded in all the way to the rear. thats jsut the tip of the ice berg, this project would be impossible unless youve got frame lifts, and a garage fool of tools. theres a reason why it hasnt been done before.

*sigh* I now know why it hasn't been done before. Hmm, still sounds like a good idea though, just more than 5k's worth. Oh well, v8 outta my way...now onto a v6, Lol.

to think that took that awsome engine out of that skyline(if it was one worth having , R34 so on) , and put a garbage motor like that in it , lol. chev trash , haha.

dude....i totaly laughed when i saw that 240....but i would definitely be beasted if it ran me

I have seen a small block 400 in a 97 civic, a 350 in an 89 CRX, and a 350 in a 91 supra (my original thought was....you really could have just left the supra alone lol)

They all made me giggle....but the same as the 240..................I would most definitely gotten my face owned

cranny u probly found out by now its a 240sx. anyways that trashy motor gets 26 highway miles per gallon and is pushing 400 horsepower stock, and will easily hit 200,000 miles with no major repairs jsut like every chevy v8. lot more then an r32 can say.

That's not a R32. That nissan probably came with a Ka24de (something like that) which is an okay motor, but people don't swap SR20's without reason. My point is that the vette motor is a huge improvement over the stock Ka24 that came in the 240. Again that isn't a skyline so you can't compare the vette motor to an RB series motor.

Archived