Frankenstein Motors

96civichatch

I got a guy who has an ls block and he wants to help me build my civic all motor, obviously putting a different head on. Now i don't know much about frank. motors. but from what i heard that aren't great for daily drivers, which i would want my civic to stay a daily driver. So are there more con's to having a frank motor, or am i just being misinformed? Any input is appreciated in advance

A quick vent session: i've been real careful with the whopping 74 posts i've made on this site, because people are quicker to bash than to help, but the reason i ask this question whether you think its retarded, stupid, or irrellevent to your day. is because i respect the knowledge that alot of people have on here, so instead of not giving me an answer at all, just tell me why its a stupid idea, hell even throw some constructive critisism my way. Again appreciate all your guy's help

I've actually heard, that they are pretty good for dd. But I mean, that was all word of mouth. I would think that it would be a very good swap. If you do go for it, give us some feedback on how it drives. If I had the money, I would really like to do the same swap.

They are fine for daily driving if you do it right. Do it cheap and you'll se what "you get what you pay for" means.

Easiest way to do it...

rebuild the block:

bearings, seals, pumps, gaskets

bore it .5mm over

have the rod resized and use ARP rod bolts

CP Piston rings, cheaper than OEM and less friction

Golden Eagle LS/VTEC kit

rebuild the head:

replace the valve seals

pull the allen plug

tap the head

That is the easiest and cheapest way. Of course there is more such as which pistons you can use (OEM wise), headwork, cams, header, intake manifold, etc.

Personally I would go with RM rods, CP Pistons, RM headwork and cams, SMSP header, AEBS intake manifold. That would run you around $5,200 built by me (you provide block and head) and get you around 230whp. Longblock only would run $3,733. Of course there are other people that can build it or you could build it yourself.

I can't sleep and got bored, your welcome.

i hate these threads... i think half of SSR's posts are about how much it would cost to do a tranny build or a engine build.

stop asking... just go to a speed shop or go actually google it.. maybe that'll help.

i hate these threads... i think half of SSR's posts are about how much it would cost to do a tranny build or a engine build.

stop asking... just go to a speed shop or go actually google it.. maybe that'll help.

Ya i didnt ask how much it would cost, i asked advice on what the pro's and con's were to have the motor, and how it was as a daily driver, so instead of getting mindless responses that really dont make sense to what i was talking about, i was expecting a little more along the lines of people who have had frank motors, how their experiences were, and what they had to say this is what this website is for, advice and input, gaining knowledge on hondas, i'm not asking how fast it will go or if its going to smoke a corvette, i asked a question that would really benift my decision on whether i was going to build it or not.

Thank you ..SSR.. for your sleepless bored advice on how to build it, and what it was going to take.

Well obviously i'd do all the block work and rebuilding while the motor is out. Upgrade all of the internals and things like that. i wouldnt want to put a stock anything in my car, when my car is already stock, whether its a D or not

all of you need to shut the f*ck up.

first, he's right.

new pumps, new seals, new bearings, new ARP rod bolts ***GET THE RODS RESIZED***, pistons and rings.

new seals in the head, tap it, new oil line running into it, and you're set.

now in SSR's defense, shut the f*ck up and listen to the guy. the reason he posted all that stuff?

because your future questions will be:

"what are some good mods for the lsvtec?"

"how much am i looking total just for a simple build?"

"about how much for a good built motor?"

i'm building an LSVTEC right now,

the first questions were the same ones you asked, and the ones above.

so have everyone else's.

you're no different from any noob, i was one, now you are too.

Hey in your defense, i'm glad your a psycic, and know everything i'm about to ask. but in all actuality your still are a noob because you think its cool to bash rather than help. Also your not paying attention to anything that anybody is saying, i ask positive and negatives to the motor, why dont you stop kissing ass and just agreeeing with everything someone else says and throw in some positive feedback, stop being such a douche. You say your building one right now, then why arent you my "best friend" trying to help? says alot i've gotten more typing time in about why i'm asking the questions than anything.

So you totally came out of left field with something that wasn't needed. But thanks for nothing

i'm not your best friend because i don't like many people.

i'm in his defense because what he says is true, but lately people have been giving him BS for no reason.

and the reason i said that stuff and not given your advice, is because your question was answered. oh wait, you wouldn't know that, beacuse you're a noob.

you asked if it was reliable, and the answer was, yes, if its built right. and he gave you a list on how to do it right.

noob.

seriously who cares if hes a noob? every thread turns into a little fight about dumb crap like this just help people out or keep your crap to yourselves, and i know that everyone is going to start crap with me now about this so just shut up

Archived