exhaust

jrkurth

well today my exhaust pipe finally went right in front of my muffler, rusted through and broke pretty much directly above the lower control arm. I was just driving, i think hit a pothole, and heard a big clank and now the sol is loud.

I am looking for a cheep but effective exhaust that doesnt sound too loud or raspy. does anyone have any suggestions? I would like to find something like a cat back system that is bolt on so i dont have to see my mechanic. I found a monza setup, monza, which looks like it may work. i have heard from friends monza makes a nice setup with a nice tone and gives a little performance. I really dont want anything big or too loud, i like the sound of the stock 1.5 with an intake and stock muffler but would like to get something other than stock. any help would be greatly apreciated. thanks.

Are you looking for something deep or just a quiet tone? I have the Hayame catback and it's a little loud but I love the nice deep tone. If you're looking for something quiet, Mugen is a good choice. I'm not all that sure if they make an exhaust for the sol, but it'd be pretty dang expensive. I've heard good things about Tanabe as well.

well i was looking for something somewhat cheep but effective and i guess i really just wanted to know what some of you think about the pace setter. The sol was loud as it was before the exhaust went and dont really want it much louder than it was. Like i said i have had friends that have had the pace setter in other cars, like celica and mx3 but i wasnt sure about it. they were only like 18 at the time so obviously had little experience with driving and what not. Basically anyone around that age pretty much goes on only what others say to be good and always think money will buy the best exhaust. like i heard about some guy putting a stage one clutch in a sol that supposivly has over 300 horse in it. first off, they have to be a complete dumbass to even think it would hold. its all these kids that are like 18 or so and think they know everything.

tanabe and greddy and crap like that would be sweet but ill also be looking at like $500 and most likely a hugh ass dumb looking exhaust comming out my rear. some people think huge and loud exhausts look and sound good but i beg to differ. i like the more stealth look where someone may see the car and know it may be fast with out me trying to tell them (huge coffee can out the back).

tanabe and greddy and crap like that would be sweet but ill also be looking at like $500 and most likely a hugh ass dumb looking exhaust comming out my rear. some people think huge and loud exhausts look and sound good but i beg to differ. i like the more stealth look where someone may see the car and know it may be fast with out me trying to tell them (huge coffee can out the back).

There are different versions of every exhaust. Tanabe and GReddy both make quiet exhaust systems. I have the Hyper Medalion (Tanabe) on my Sol, and the only time I hear it is during pickup. Yes, you can notice the difference when you see the back of the car.

well i was looking for something somewhat cheep but effective

$500 is pretty cheap for something that is effective.

Agreed. I have the same exhaust as CRG7. It is not so quiet anymore, but that's what happens when you get rid of your cat and you get a header.

Anyway, get the Greddy SP2 or the Hyper Medalion by Tanabe.

Agreed. I have the same exhaust as CRG7. It is not so quiet anymore, but that's what happens when you get rid of your cat and you get a header.

Anyway, get the Greddy SP2 or the Hyper Medalion by Tanabe.

I've got a header on mine also, but I have a cat lol.

blackdelsol - make a new thread for the details (if you haven't already)

Archived