1st Mod

I heart my prelude

I just added my first mod to my 91 Lude peeps. two twelves in the back with an 800 watt amp and two 3.5" speakers in the back. the amp and subs are diamond audio. I know this isn't a drivetrain mod but its that first step to remaking this car. :D BTW My I have an AT. I was playing with the other day and found that when I rev up in neutral and drop it to drive it chirps the tires. Is this bad for my tranny? b/c its kinda fun.

yeah dude it makes your tranny stronger and last longer. try revving to about 7000 rpm's in neutral, then dropping it into drive....dude...feels like a bugatti.

lets just say this dude , if you havent already done damage the couple times you may ahve done it , you may only get one more time and blow it up , and thats not a lie. how could you do that to your car dude , lol , awful crap. ive met some pretty un mechanically inclined people in my day , but wowsers , way to fail dude , ahhaaha

Actually I haven't done it too many times guys. And it seems fine. But I have my answer. And I'm in the ME program at Sacramento State; a college known for its ME program. Sure I don't know as much as you guys now but gimme a few years and then we'll talk about being mechanically inclined. Well I saw bunches of people get crapped on by you guys. I figured it happen to me once. No biggie.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to smoke your tires either build up your engine or get a stick

w00t

My first lude "86 Si 5spd" I went through 2 clutches, one throw out bearing, one pinion gear " + numberous other parts on that one" :crazy: and at least 3 sets of tires.

Though it was very fun it was quite costly the last time when part of my pressure plate flew out the side of the transmission housing. Can you say JB weld :o

I've been much nicer to my 92.

Why does everyone hurt their poor Preludes, you should treat them like gold because there arn't many of them left, especially in your gen "I heart my prelude".

Auto trannies are stronger than that.. I've dropped mine several times when I was pissed at my car and it held up just fine. In fact, the previous owner said he had done it many times too, and that he was actually very hard on the transmission, but you can't tell.

oooooooh buuuuurrrnnn

What's the worst that could happen? I swap for a manual?

• 6 years later...

Archived