Resleeved block

..SSR..

I decided to buy some Darton sleeves and resleeved my block in my spare time. I rented the expensive ass press to press the sleeves in.

To get the stock sleeves out I put it in my 5-axis CNC machine I keep in the woodshed.

My dad helped me.

I'm kind of cornfused though. I have all this power and BS done to my car but this black 96 hatchback with 220 on the windshield rolls my ass hard on the road course. He said he has a stock D16Y7 with a semi-built transmission.

obviously hes full of crap. i dont understand your new found glory in getting as much out of the car without doin much to it SSR , elaborate for us??you say before its stock with gearing changes same as him. but you say you have all this power and BS done to your car , i thought it was stock? when you bought your new sleeve SSR , do the cylinder walls come crosshatched? or did you have to do it?

They come smooth. Had to bore it out with my bore machine then put a nice crosshatch on it. Not like I've never built a resleeved engine before.

BTW, you missed the point.

crosshatch works like this. your literally putting minute scratches in the walls that intersect each other . ive done this to engines not hard. for every 360 degree rotation of the honing tool inside the cyl. , its supposed to go from the top to the bottom of the bore. and the next 360 degrees of the honing tool from bottom to top of bore. so the honing tool turns one full rotation only while its being pushed through the bore. hard to explain maybe.

Archived