more power

ads

ive got a 94 del sol vtec and want more power, ive put an exhaust system on including manifold and induction kit , ive got an ecu chip on order . does any one know what else i can do without spending crap loads of cash to get extra gains

ive got a 94 del sol vtec and want more power, ive put an exhaust system on including manifold and induction kit , ive got an ecu chip on order . does any one know what else i can do without spending crap loads of cash to get extra gains

yesterday my friend did some crazy crap to my car to make it faster. he went in the fuse box pulled the ecu fuse out for 10 seconds, then put it back in then disconnected the negative battery cable for 2 minutes then started the car and drove for 3 miles under shifting at 3 grand, and then at the three mile mark he wide opened throttled it for 3 more miles and i have crazy power now. idk what doing that is called but it worked for me and it worked for him.

He did nothing in your fusebox to make youi faster. All in your head.

Get cams.

idk, im sure im faster; but youre the one who knows what your talking about. its funny that you say that though because before i drove it after he did it, i was thinking, "what if its like a placebo, and im really not faster its all in my head?" haha. but idk, i feel it. plus today i put nos octane booster in it that raises the octain by 6 full numbers on top of chevron supreme (92).

well, you said he "undershifted" for 3 miles. so the car was going much slower. then he did the wide-open throttle thing and made it seem faster, when it really wasn't at all. sorry to burst your bubbles.

unless you are running12:1 compression or higher you are wasting your$$$ on octane booster,evn if it does raise your octane by 6 points.all octane booster will do is prevent pinging and knocking,so if it wasnt knocking without the booster save that money towards NOS...

nitrous.

is gay.

agree, i mean it's cool if u have the motor to run it but i personaly think its a cheat when it comes 2 racing....

adding nitrous is very easy to do and imo it is a cheap (i'm not talking inexpensive) way of making a car faster, but with a turbo you actually need to know something about cars to make it decently faster. and turbos are also better because all you have to do is press the gas pedal and the power is there, always, nitrous only gives you power when you push a button. and in the long run a turbo is cheaper.

So because its easy to do, that makes it cheap and pointless?

Because you need to know something about cars.. (forget those people who have kits installed for them..) .. the turbo is a better way to go?

Your arguments hold little value.

Nitrous is just as good of a power adder as any other forced induction system. It isn't "cheap" or "gay", it's just quick, easy, and effective.

Also -- no, in the long run if you do both systems right the turbo is more expensive. First of all, it costs ~ $2,400 more to begin with. Secondly, the turbo system has more expensive and easily damagable parts. Again, this could all change with a good system and the right setup. With an eBay kit, you could end up with a blown motor after too much boost surge. The same thing with nitrous.. install a cheap ass NOS system (NOS and nitrous are not the same, NOS is a manufacturer as opposed to ZEX or Venom) and run lean and detonate a cyl. Hell, just run some 89 octane with spray and yes, nitrous will be more expensive. However, if both systems are done right (the Venom VCN-1000 comes with a rich/lean disable mechanism which monitors the o2 sensor) nitrous will be less expensive, but not as.. potent.

i'm not saying a turbo is better just because of that, but if you run nitrous you wont have any respect from me. you want it, then go suck on your bottle just like every other baby. what happens when you run out? there aren't any places around here that sell it. you have to refill it every time you run out, regardless. a good turbo setup will last you tens of thousands of miles. nitrous also has limits. on a stock engine you shouldn't even be running nitrous, on a built engine you probably wont run over a 100 shot, that is a set amount, a turbo can give you more power over a longer period of time if used correctly. and what if you decide to run autocross? if you want a faster car for that then nitrous is a bad choice because you would have to use it after every turn, plus it isn't adjustable, it's either on or off. basically its only usefull if you are building a car soley for drag racing.

adding nitrous is very easy to do and imo it is a cheap (i'm not talking inexpensive) way of making a car faster, but with a turbo you actually need to know something about cars to make it decently faster. and turbos are also better because all you have to do is press the gas pedal and the power is there, always, nitrous only gives you power when you push a button. and in the long run a turbo is cheaper.

you need to know somthing about cars to make your car work well with nitrous....it is more dangerous to engines than turbos are for the most part. Also most ppl use a wot switch to activate nitrous..... safer that way, so you can still have both hands on the wheel.

i'm not saying a turbo is better just because of that, but if you run nitrous you wont have any respect from me.

Why?

you want it, then go suck on your bottle just like every other baby.

When did I say I wanted it? You basically just proved that your bias has NOTHING to do with nitrous, it's the users.

what happens when you run out? there aren't any places around here that sell it. you have to refill it every time you run out, regardless.

Wow, I thought it was unlimited.

nitrous also has limits. on a stock engine you shouldn't even be running nitrous, on a built engine you probably wont run over a 100 shot, that is a set amount, a turbo can give you more power over a longer period of time if used correctly.

So does a turbo.. do you think you can run 15 psi out of the box? There are just as many if not more people who will tell you not to run boost on the stock motor. Boost also has limits. I don't see how this makes nitrous gay. I know turbo's make more power and last longer (well, you don't need to refill them), but what's your point? I wasn't arguing that nitrous was better than a turbocharger.

and what if you decide to run autocross? if you want a faster car for that then nitrous is a bad choice because you would have to use it after every turn, plus it isn't adjustable, it's either on or off. basically its only usefull if you are building a car soley for drag racing.

Yes, I realize that, and.. you should know that 99% of nitrous fed cars are for the strip. If you decide to autocross, get a supercharger or NA build.

Like I said.. your bias against nitrous is purely the users and not the actual system. Re-examine your reasoning there buddy.

I don't use spray nor am I an avid nitrous supporter, I just hate people who post BS slander against something with no real evidence/reasoning behind it.

your bias against nitrous is purely the users and not the actual system.

actually you're right, I hate the users more than nitrous. too many people use it the wrong way, they don't build their engine, and it destroys it. I am against it because I don't like the fact that it needs to be refilled. sure if done correctly it is a benificial addition to a setup, but I am sick of people abusing it so I generally argue against it. If some one seems to know what their doing then go for it. I will never use it though.

Archived