questions about ls vtec

sha0linzer0

a buddy of mine has offered to give me an obd0 b18 ls block. i was originally going to buy a b16 and build it. however, i wanted to know what advantages, if any there would be to building this free block with a b16 vtec head. where do i begin once i get the block, and can i still realistically reach my goal of 200-220 whp n/a without too much hassle? should i accept the free block for this project or just use everything from the b16? thanks a lot for any input.

what year is your car? i built my b16 and i like it but i think the LS Vtec could build more power. not realy sure though since i have never built an LS Vtec

if you got the money go with LSVTEC for sure. you get the bottom end and the top end . and LSVTEC loves the boost so i hear and read ive never been part of an LSVTEC build running boost , yet. thats a B18A block you have there. not a good starting point.

Where did you get your statistics? How many people did you survey to get that number? How full of it are you? B18B is a much better platform, so all you're saying is that 75% of people that build LS-VTEC's are idiots.

im having a specialty shop assemble, install, and tune. i'm just trying to get most of the parts together. so is using this free block w/ a b16 head a bad idea? if the block is obd0, do i need an obd0 head? again this is a daily driver that id like to get to 200-220 whp n/a. thanks for all advice.

i dont want to start a big war, but what are your opinions on gsr head vs b16 head? im strongly considering the gsr head from reading that once ported and polished the gsr has much better flow and a bit more power than the b16. it mostly depends on what i can get a good deal on. ill have the block in 2 weeks, and be looking for the head shortly after. Please feel free to recommend some good internals to me. i am planning on a larger bore. im pretty sure ill be using eagle internals for the most part. suggestions?

thanks a lot for your response.

B16 head flows better. GSR makes power sooner so its better for the street.

Bore = resleeve (975) + machine work (180) + pistons (495) + rods (375)

B16 head flows better. GSR makes power sooner so its better for the street.

Bore = resleeve (975) + machine work (180) + pistons (495) + rods (375)

can i reach the 220 i want w/o the bore? if so, what kind of pistons to use? thanks again ssr

u know what i barely got in to hondas and its amazing all the crap that goes in to them man i mean u got all this models of so diffrent things and what not but ill get there ill lear it all one of this days. oh and ill go with forged pistons but thats just me theres probable better thing out there.

Archived