Nitto Vs. BF

One of my good friends has a 04 Sentra Se-R..he had some G Forces and he'd lower the pressure in them and heat them up and they would just light up but now hes got Nittos and they dont spin at all or nearly as much...im using G-forces and my hook alot better then his nittos....its kinda wierd...are all tires differnt...say if i were to get Bf's in like 2 weeks would they hook differnt then the ones i have now?? whats a good street tire? Thanks for the help....

I know Hp and weight has something to do with it...i drive a 91 CRX...only pushing about 160 outta a Sohc Nonvtec

If you get the same brand of tire, they should feel pretty much the same as those you had before. The thing to keep in mind is wear. If you wore out the outside, or inside, of the tire with an improper alignment, then they'll feel more rounded than your new ones will feel. Also, even general wear will make your old BFGoodrich tires feel very different than your new ones. Really, the comparison must be made to your old BFG tires when they were new to your new ones. From the sound of it, you're subjecting the tires to some major abuse that they normally wouldn't have to face, so some irregular wear is to be expected. Make sure you keep up with alignments regularly. They're recommended every 6 months but I get them more like every 3-4. New tires on a newly-aligned vehicle is day after night to me, and trust me, I've driven plenty. I used to work in a tire shop doing exactly that to several cars a day.

Good street tires? Depends on your rims, for sure, but my personal favorite tires are Yokohama AS430s. You can only get them at NTB/Merchant's Tire/Tire Kingdom, but they are awesome. Good grip in all seasons, they look hawt, and I think an 80k mileage warranty. About 140 a tire last time I checked. I've heard good things about Falken Azenis. Pilot Sports are awesome sport tires if you can fit them on your rims and can afford them. They're over 200 per tire and come with no mileage warranty (you can usually get about 30-42k outta them under normal use). Read some reviews, decide what type of ride you're looking for, and whatever you do, don't cheap out. Hope this all helps.

maybe he meant 106hp? the nitto gens are designed for lowered car with negative camber. if it is really putting out 160 outta a non-vtec single stick then i wanna know what you have done to it.

someone told me i would be close to 160 i have the D16A6. header, cat backexhaust,cam,cam gear, whole pully kit, 75 shot of nitros, cold air, fuel rail(but stock injectors), msd ignition, apexi controller, racing clutch and light weight flywheel..... im not sure what it would be pushing out it might only be 106 but i thought they came with about that out of the factory......

Archived