Personalized Plates

CleanGSR

Im thinking about changing mine from Chubs to Honduh this year, or if its boosted by the time I go to change it TRBO BB6 would be cool too, I have a few friends that have plates I really like, a few are "No Power" "JDM SHT" and one is just a giant B for Bengals on the plate and then after that it says itch so it look like it says bitch

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friends and I all have our most common internet handles as our plates.

XERYON, VLADD, BEKKIR, ZYPHER and so on.

Always wanted TI 3VOM, but it's locked. Ohio got wise to backwards phrases and l33t speak real quick and locked or revoked tons of combinations. There is actually an office downtown that has a staff that specializes in reviewing vanity plates before they will approve them.

I've seen the following around here that were pretty good: MR BLUNT (was his name Rob Blunt or something), H8NRICE, RCE RKT, O2XLR8 (my fav, on a modded vette of some mid-90s vintage) BLUBLLN and U2SLO.

Don't get too excited yet. Most states review the plates and SUX might be too negative to allow. I hope they do though.

The prices for vanity plates is all over the place depending on the state you are in. In Ohio its expensive. Regular plain-jane registration is around 40-50 anyway. Vanity plates is an extra 45 each year. You have to wait a full two weeks before they will mint your plates so that the review board can go over any hidden meanings.

How about:

H8NRICE (I cannot believe no one registered this one in OH yet)

U2SLO

HUNGGSR :p

RCERKT

MNTRICE

1FSTGSR

BTNU

O2XLR8 (I love this one) :wub:

DGOFAST (good for me, maybe BGOFAST for you)

All the engine codes I know off the top of my head are already taken in OH. Lucky for you Missouri is less populated and lets face it, there are proportionally a lot more county folk that wouldn't be messing around with import themed vanity plates.

I'm going to have to get this one: GOT D

Sorry, Ohio allows 7 with up to two spaces.

JEFFRO 1 :-)

I just got a renewal for plates on my Suburban, and they're 54.82 here in Ohio, and those aren't personalized. New plates are 59.81. I've got to re-new my personalized ones before March, and I'm sure the price went up on those. I also just bought my wife a Ridgeline, so now I have to pay even more for truck plates. (Not to mention, I couldn't transfer the plates I had JUST renewed the week before, because they weren't truck plates... Grrr....)

I need to come up with something for my wife's Ridgeline, too.

BTW, I had a friend in HS who's mom had: B CN U and his car was B CN U2

JEFFRO 1 :-)

I just got a renewal for plates on my Suburban, and they're 54.82 here in Ohio, and those aren't personalized. New plates are 59.81. I've got to re-new my personalized ones before March, and I'm sure the price went up on those. I also just bought my wife a Ridgeline, so now I have to pay even more for truck plates. (Not to mention, I couldn't transfer the plates I had JUST renewed the week before, because they weren't truck plates... Grrr....)

I need to come up with something for my wife's Ridgeline, too.

BTW, I had a friend in HS who's mom had: B CN U and his car was B CN U2

My grandpa trains dogs for KSDS and his plates are SMRTK9 and SMRTK92

Oh ya, if you want to know if your plates are available, you can check on oplates.com. I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter what state you're in as far as getting personalized plates. i.e., if you want "JOE" and someone in Kansas has it, then you can't get it in California, either.

That's not true. As long as it's not taken in your state then you can get it. Proof is a guy in MO that has 0 RWHP on his car and someone on here knows someone in another state with the same exact plate.

To see how much my plates would be to renew, I went ahead and did mine online. $177.57 for a 2 year renewal in Ohio. There's money I'm never going to see again.

I guess that would make a 1 year renewal for personal plates in Ohio around $88. I wonder what it would be if Ohio didn't require front and rear plates? Grrr....

And that might be. I know you can't get that plate in Ohio because they require "0" to be followed with another #.

Archived