D16 <--> K20

I have a friend of mine holding a K20 for me for about a grand. He told me that if i was to swap it into my civic i would need to remove the motor mounts and weld them in somewhere else. Is there any truth to this, and if you guys could... lemme know what else would be involved so i dont end up blowing a grand of something thats impossible.

you need to remove the tranny side motor mount and relocate that mount in a different spot. hasport makes the mount kit, you need it ensure the swap will look clean. remember that the K is opposite of a B, everything is reversed. you need a custom harness, axles, radiator hoses. also, a prgrammable ecu like the hondata K-pro. good luck with it.

Edit: you also need to modify the shifter (more cutting) and get a shift kit for it.

0601ht_civic_04_z.jpg

you need to remove the tranny side motor mount and relocate that mount in a different spot. hasport makes the mount kit, you need it ensure the swap will look clean. remember that the K is opposite of a B, everything is reversed. you need a custom harness, axles, radiator hoses. also, a prgrammable ecu like the hondata K-pro. good luck with it.

0601ht_civic_04_z.jpg

Hmmm..

My friend said the engine comes with axles, tranny, linkage, and cpu. I was going to end up getting the hondata if the swap was to work...

Custom Harness... im not that too engine literate, whats this for?

it comes with the stock axles but wont fit in the civic. hasport makes axles just for that particular swap, theyre about $350.

a custom wiring harness, you can use the harness it came with but just have to modify it a little bit.

read this link about the shifter K series shift, the linkage on the civic wont work.

Archived