my velvet interior

Not yet, although I'm hoping to start early this week. I just started a new job at Hecht's (a guy I got in a car accident with hired me) and my parents are in Italy for their 25th anniversary so I'm kind of taking care of the house and our two cats. It's more work than I thought, especially since my mom loves to garden and so it takes over a half hour to water everyday. Plus my friend is staying over the whole time so I tend to waste time a little too much.

Will deffo post about progress soon though.

SolLes, how are your old floormats? My del sol ones are so worn out, and although I want more del sol ones, I'm just wondering how yours would fit. I'd pay you real American dollars for them...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still wanna road-trip down and see your sol, though, so don't worry about sending me anything. Thanks, though.

Don't they only have black floor mats on dstuning? I was looking at them last night. That's fine, but for right now my carpet/seats are blue.

Cool, will do.

Or I could just show up and surpise you. Like, in the middle of the night. MapQuest directions and show up at 3 AM, revving my engine in your driveway.

So I went to get velvet yesterday at Jo-Ann Fabrics and not only did they not have more than four or five different colors, they wanted 20 bucks a yard for the black. And they didn't even have grey. They said it was off season. I'm gonna have to look around, cuz there's no way I'm spending that kind of money on stuff I'm not set on.

that sucks man. im not sure if ive ever seen grey velvet, but they might have it. i went looking for a nice black suede to finish the inside but they gave me the offseason thing too. i didnt guess velvet and suede trees dont grow in the spring. the velvet i got was like 15 bucks a yard, but i was lucky and the store had a 50% off thing so i was rockin 7.50 a yard. hope things work out for you soon

Yeah, I'm gonna shop around and look for coupons/sales. It feels stupid, watching for sales on fabric, but that's what I gotta do.

You're right about the grey velvet, that is gonna be hard to find. I was almost thinking of going all suede cuz it still feels good and it stretches, plus I've seen it in grey. Then again, the velvet I was looking at felt like it stretched a little too...

• 2 years later...

so after a few years, the spray adhesive disappeared and there was practically no stick left. the velvet was also getting pretty dirty, so i decided to get some red suede and replace the velvet with it. im not finished with everything yet, but when i get home again everything will be black/red suede.

so heres a few pics of the process. when tearing the velvet off, it left a crapload of fuzz on the panels. so i tried all kinds of cleaner, sand paper, rubbing alcohol, and nothing really worked, and then tried soft scrub and that took it right off. so if you ever cover your panels, you can get them looking stock again if you ever need to.

old, durty, and wrinkles

DSC00112.jpg

ghetto fab

DSC00114.jpg

DSC00113.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

the fuzz!

DSC00116.jpg

soft scrub fo sho

DSC00117.jpg

bubbles

DSC00120.jpg

dat new ish

DSC00122.jpg

DSC00125.jpg

cant use staples on the back because it will go through, so super glue does the trick very well

DSC00126.jpg

grills are going to be painted black

DSC00127.jpg

the end

DSC00128.jpg

of course for you bell.

i saw a completely gold (spray painted) van with purple crushed velvet interior the other day. the guy was a creepo too, he had good candy though

sweet, i'll pick u up when i have time to mole.. i mean, when i don't need to use it for a few days.. its a big job..

u liked his candy?

any suggestions as to what i should add to my selection?

kinda off topic but i was reading through the thread and pedoginger said he had CTR floor mats. i was wondering how he was able to make that work when CTR's are RHD and the floor mats would be opposite of LHD floor mats.

colter, the interior looks good. id rub my junk all over it any day.

yeah he lied about everything. then he said he got the dstuning mats and i PMed him several times to see pics and he would never respond to my PMs about pics. f*cking pedogingers

and that makes me feel wonderful you would love to rub your junk on my interior

Archived