t3/t4 turbonetics check it out

vteclude22

I was searching turbos on ebay and I found a Turbonetics t3/t4 turbo kit for my 97 lude. The price is only $1830.00 from an ebay seller called "turbo performance" I was wondering if this is just some knock off brand like SS Autochrome. It is turbonetics however. It comes with everything I need. Check it out.

turbo performance

That's not bad for a kit. Turbonetics is a great company.. it has the right wastegate and turbo.. the manifold is iffy, but the rest looks good.

I guess the manifold is alright.. since it comes with a 5 yr warranty.

Yeah, not bad for a pre-fab kit.

No. That kit doesn't come with any fuel upgrades. Turbonetics makes a kit with the fuel management stuff and that's what you need if you want a complete "plug and play" kit. With the kit you posted you'll need to upgrade injectors, get a fuel management like hondata, and have it tuned, a missing link, and a new fuel pump wouldn't hurt.

That does look like a nice Turbonetics kit for its price, but imo I would say the best way to turbo your car is piece it toghter yourself.

you need a turbo off a saab 9-3. newer the better. local exhaust or steel fab shop can bend you charge pipes and downpipe , make downpipe flange. you need to buy a BOV. saab's are all internally wastegated which is good for small boost aps. the most exspensive thing is fuel managment. you can pick up a greddy emagane kit for prolly 400 bucks around maybe less on ebay. or hondata , whatever floats your boat. buy a FMIC with rubbers and hose clamps. for less than 1500 bucks you can be into 8lbs of boost with a good setup. all saab's , volvo's , some vollkswagons , mercedes , so on , all come with T3 garrett turbos. most have .42 cold and .48 hot which is perfect for us. dont go much bigger wont spool as fast.

you need a turbo off a saab 9-3. newer the better. local exhaust or steel fab shop can bend you charge pipes and downpipe , make downpipe flange. you need to buy a BOV. saab's are all internally wastegated which is good for small boost aps. the most exspensive thing is fuel managment. you can pick up a greddy emagane kit for prolly 400 bucks around maybe less on ebay. or hondata , whatever floats your boat. buy a FMIC with rubbers and hose clamps. for less than 1500 bucks you can be into 8lbs of boost with a good setup. all saab's , volvo's , some vollkswagons , mercedes , so on , all come with T3 garrett turbos. most have .42 cold and .48 hot which is perfect for us. dont go much bigger wont spool as fast.

What psi is the internal wastegate set at on those turbo's? That's actually a pretty good idea. You could just get a blox turbo mani and downpipe to run with it.

they all run factory 8 lbs pretty sure. trust me this is the way to go. no need for injectors sexy to run 8 lbs. factory ones can handle it. just got to get them sprayin to thier max.

Speaking of which, what size are the stock injectors? Don't they run at like 80% factory? If so, then you'd be pretty much maxed out with 8psi, so wouldn't be a bad upgrade down the road. I guess as a cheap temporary alternative, you could do that setup with an FMU and roll for awhile for close to a grand? I know xxscaxx ran an fmu in his sol and had no problems. Hmmm.. Might have to save my pennies and do a homemade turbo setup.

I think I can piece something decent together for 1000. Here's what I've found so far.

200 - Blox Mani (used)

100 - Saab T3 Turbo

300 - Turbonetics I/C and all piping w/ BOV flange

90 - Blox 12:1 FMU

100 - Downpipe

100 - BOV

That comes out to $890. Add in a $110 for oil lines and stuff. Question though. The saab turbo is watercooled instead of oil cooled. I know how you would run lines for an oil cooled turbo, but how would you with a watercooled turbo? Also, what would you do about the wastegate flange on the mani. Just cap it off I guess?

About the watercooled? Um, I would imagine there is some way to do it, since most of the aftermarket BB turbos for Hondas and imports are water and oil cooled. I'll look it up for ya man.

Edit: Get the CC-Fabmani. I'll post a link.

Yeah, definately if the timing is right. I can't afford 2-3k for a turbo setup, so if I can piece parts together for great prices I think I can turbo for 1000-1500 and be rolling pretty good for awhile.

Archived