Brake Caliper Color?

once i get my discs this week I'll be powdercoating em red. nothing on my car is red, but red brakes just go with the porsche rims.....couldn't afford the custom fabrication for 944 discs on my spindles yet.

For starters, it will be a pain to remove the calipers just to paint them cause then your going to have to go through bleeding the brakes when you're done. Get the kit, it will be much easier. I've done Dan's method and it's a lot more work. It works just as well, but more work.

man bleeding brakes is fuk all , takes about 15 mins to do all 4 wheels. its worth it to take them off , wire wheel them till you can eat off them , and put a good coat of paint on all surfaces that will rust , underside and all . same as rotors , paint the hub of rotor as well right up to where your brake pads rub , and the outside of rotor(cooling fins).

You don't like red calipers? Ever since I saw the red Brembo calipers on an Evo I worked on at my old job I've wanted them. But, I actually want a Brembo brake kit to go with the color...

I like red calipers if they are about a foot long (meaning actual brembo's). I think small stock calipers painted red just look funny. Why would you want to draw attention to a stock brake setup?

Cuz it doesn't look good. It looks cheap. Like, I wish I had nice brakes, but instead I just paint mine so people from a distance think I do.

There's no middle ground in there when you use your e-brake? Sometimes I play the no brakes game and try to stop without using them by doing the downshift/e-brake thing. Haven't hit anyone yet. I'm sure it's murder on my engine, though, so I should prolly stop it. I've only done it twice, though, so I think I'll be okay.

wont hurt it , try stickin it in 2nd when your doin like 100 and just letting go of the clutch , youl get a little compression lockup , hehe.

Archived