How Many Of Yall Went To Church...

TLontheDL

10 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Of Yall Went To Church...

• 1) I went to midnight mass on Christmas eve
    • 2) I went on Christmas morning
    • 3) I'm a Christian but I didn't bother going
    • 4) I'm not a Christian so I don't even bother..
    • 5) We have to go to church on Christmas?!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a big believer in Karma.

What goes around, comes around.

I kinda mix my religions, but I know there is a God and I respect the fact that other people worship and tend to him in other ways. Just my two cents.

karma isn't a religion

Let me preface this reply by saying that I dont want to upset anyone. Just make them think

TL: - Let me rephrase my last reply, you do Find Confession in the bible, But you only find People confessing to god, and according to the bible Christ is god, so the whore was confessing to a perfect person,"GOD" not a preist.... Read Mark Chapter 2 When the the guy sick with palsy is put before Jesus and he says "Son, thy sins be forgiven thee." and then the press says, " Who can Forgive sins but god alone?"

Ill look up the versus later but he was crucified as a sacrafice, he took our place, that is why it is stressed the His blood washes away our sins, He died so that people would Be able to go to heaven. John 14:6 - Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. ......This verse implies that there is no way to heaven, But by Christ... all this says that to go to heaven you sins must be forgiven, and the only person that can forgive you of your sins is Jesus Christ

Romans 9:10 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

or in modern english... The way to heaven is to confess with your mouth to Christ that your a sinner. and accept Jesus's Sacrafice.

This all Brings me to the Point that according to the Bible a Man Cannot Forgive your sins. and your not getting into heaven unless your sins are forgiven.

And not that your story about jesus on the Cross is wrong I just want to Fill in the holes....

The "Malefactors" are the two prisoners being crucified with him.

Luke 23:39-43

And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

This all Brings me to the Point that according to the Bible a Man Cannot Forgive your sins. and your not getting into heaven unless your sins are forgiven.

just wondering, if osama was catolic(sp?), you think he could go to heaven, even though he did all them crimes?

oo and TL, hes got cha there.. :laugh:

Well being Catholic or Christian has nothing to do with going to heaven. But if osama Followed thoose versus There, Then He to would be forgiven.... and thus when he died, he would be in heaven. The aposle paul who wrote like a 1/3 of the new testament Called himself "The Cheifest of sinners" There is no amount of wrong you can do. that you cant be saved from. you could hunt down and kill every last person on the face of the planet. but if believed in your heart thoose versus. then you would go to heaven. If it were about being good then no one would ever get to heaven.

Archived