h22 del sol

don't do that.

talk to a guy called "solLesshonda" who built a d-series beast (what you have now)

or swap a b16a, b18C1, or b18C5.

or do a LS block w/ Vtec head (LS-VTEC)

or talk to BigBirdSucks, he did a CR-VTEC setup that uses a b20 block (crv) and either a b16 or b18 head. not really sure though.

h22 should be your last resort.

h22a is an awsome swap... in a 92-95 hatch it can go 13's with few bolt on mods and slicks... right now im am putting a built h22a in a 98ex without its spray it should be around 450-500hp( we build it for some one at my dad's shop) and belive me even the d-series beast does not match up

You should feel free to do what ever swap you want to YOUR car. If you do the h22a swap do the h2b or h2d kit. It allows you to utilize your d-series tranny or b-series tranny without modification to the axles. Using the h22 tranny does not really line up to good with another chassis. The advantages about using the h2b kit is that 1. can use factory engine mounts 2. axle alignment is perfect 3. hood clearance & gound clearance 4. engine placement is perfect. 5.no need to cut the frame for engine swap mounts.

This year we are coming out with our 4door integra with h22a using the h2b kit with a ITR tranny and we are excitied to see what it will be running once the final touches are completed. And hopefully soon my buddies civic will also get his h2b completed. If you have and questions about it heres there website>>H2B Kit Link. Hope to come out strong this year. Good luck to you and what you do with the del-sol

Haha ok. I resisted for a while but I have to say something.

Built h22 with turbo will make that power. But since you idn't include anything about turbo, you're N/A H22 won't make 400whp.

My D won't match up ? If you only run 13's, then not only would I match up, but I would beat you by almost two seconds.

the built h22 with 13:1 compreesion ported head egale crank,rods and cam upgrade along with all the other goodies will make 400whp we also are building a h23 bottom with h22 head turbo to be about the same

got to www.rpmracingusa.com and go to montly specials look at the red civic

Our other car that we had the H22 ran 12.2 in the 1320. this was all motor with the basic bolt ons i/h/e this was using the stock h22 tranny. We believe we could get it faster if the driver wasnt so affraid to launch properly. Being that the axles are angled out it is tough to get a good launch without the fear of breaking crap.

k thats better jus go to the page and look at the bottom... newayz im not here to fite bout cars i'd rather be on everyones good side all im saying is its cheaper to jus do the big swap one time insted of building a d-series like i did and then want more dont get me wrong i love that little motor it was never broken in i beat on it to 8500 rite out of the shop... we droped it in and went racing that same day

You know..

It's times like these I wish I still had that small gif file..

Yea.. the one ..with a flagpole?

THE BS FLAG? ANYONE?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey heard about the h2b you guys were talking about sounds like a good idea! My axles in my hatch are angled like a mofo, was woundering how much the h2b costs? I also need any info on my tps on my h22. How do i go about tunning it i heard volt meter ? It wont rev past 3000rmp, since ive replaced the old tps with a new one.

I personally love h22's. I have one in my own personal car which is a 93 hatchback. it is completely built top to bottom, boosted with a gt35r... we're waiting on a one-fab top mount manifold to get here so we can get this thing to a dyno/track and see what it does. I back 'SolesHonda' and his D series because any motor has the potential with the right builder as a couple other people said. I think they are the best abng for the buck. I have heard and seen many basically stock H's go low 13's high 12's in hatches. Thats a pretty good number for only being into the swap maybe 2 grand. Its a good starting ground in my opinion. I am no way saying its the best honda motor out there to build, but for someone who doesnt have the dough to go out and buy a b18c5 its a good swap.

hey bro Im behind you on this one too Im doin the exact same swap :p I have a few threads that might help you out considering solLes posted alot in there and so did a few other people that gave me some great help so check 'em out, their under the Del Sol part

• 2 years later...

Any one know specific details about the wiring conversions? I have everything needed for the swap but just can't figure out this damn wiring. I'm dropping a 92-95 JDM H22a into a 97 del Sol, so I'm dropping an OBDI engine into a OBDII chassis. Can anyone help me out?

• 1 year later...

Archived