s2k stereo

colbs21

hey guys im just tryin to put a 2004 s2000 stock stereo into my 1988 prelude and i have NO CLUE which wires coming from the back of the stereo are the ones that would be constant power, accessory power, and ground..... speakers etc.... if anyone knows the color codes for the wires or knows a link that i could view to help out that would be great! thanks in advance!

colbs

• 2 weeks later...

Constant power is usually yellow, ground is usually black, Ignition is usually red, accessory power is sometimes orange, and speaker colors vary between companies, but are usually, purple, white, or gray, etc etc... I dont know exacts on the S2k unit but hopefully that will guide you in a better direction... Oh and accessory power sometimes is blue and white... Or the blue and white could also be power antennae...

Peace.

That's completely wrong. Stock head units don't follow that kind of color codes.....that's just for aftermarket's. His wires will be like - Brown w/ pink stripe, pink w/ brown stripe, white w/ blue stripe, blue w/ yellow stripe...etc....

That's completely wrong. Stock head units don't follow that kind of color codes.....that's just for aftermarket's. His wires will be like - Brown w/ pink stripe, pink w/ brown stripe, white w/ blue stripe, blue w/ yellow stripe...etc....

Ah crap, I was half asleep posting again... OOps..:pirate:

No, you just didn't know the answer.

Don't amke excuses. Your knowledge doesn't change when you are tired.

First off... fawk you, and second off your correct, it doesnt change when your tired, but I was thinking of my aftermarket head unit in my Honda when I was typing that... So like I said I was tired and wasnt thinking right... I messed up, simple as that...

Lame how nobody can cuss on this board... Oh no! Hide reality from everyone!

yellow isnt constant power in most cases either red is. yellow is acc. ignition red accessory orange? arent they the same? haha just messin with ya but you aint workin on my stereo hehe. a haynes manual might tell ya or chiltons . either that or ask dealer maybe. wouldnt suprise me

if theres no difference in colors used for stereo on both those cars (s2k and lude).

Alot of head units are different, from different car manufacturers, to brands obviously, I guess the eaiest way would to be to, look it up, or call an authorised dealer for that certain product... Sorry I couldnt help... I guess I'm better with stereos when they are in front of me in person lol.. My installs have yet to fail me so far...:pirate: I've been doing them for about 4 years now... Oh well...

• 3 weeks later...

Good Call.

No, you just didn't know the answer.

Don't amke excuses. Your knowledge doesn't change when you are tired.

No wonder Sol Survivor and I h8 you! Are you always like this? I still can't figure out why you're always like this through this whole forum and people back you up with their seniority that's so superficial. n00b or not, doesn't mean you can piss on him like that and a n00b could be an experienced machanic. HungGSR had already knocked him on it, was your input like this ever neccessary? He also admitted that he doesn't know the S2K stereo that well, so Colbs21 shouldn't believe everything he read. Troll!!!

Here's the real reason I posted, hope it helps Colbs21:

Red/Blk = Fuse

Yel/Grn = Antenna Amp

Wht/Blu = Dash Fuse Box to Hood Fuse Box

Wht/Red = Dash Fuse Box to Ignition

Red = Dimmer/Dash Lights

Blk = Ground (duh)

Grn/Red = Driver Side Controls (nice if you had that prefab to your ride)

Gry/Red = Left Tweeter & Speaker

Grn/Ylw = Left Side too

Lt Grn = Right Side

Grn/Blk = Right Side

Ylw/Blu = Mute for Driver Controls

Generally there is a web site with most oem color codes listed...Don't have the link with me at home.I'll post it from work...I am half awake and need coffee not an excuse but a statement -_-

Right. I'm a troll.

Anyway, I made that comment becuase it made sense. Your intelligence doesn't change when you are tired. Bottom line.

I'm glad you hate me, but I know more about Hondas then you ever will.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyway, I made that comment becuase it made sense. Your intelligence doesn't change when you are tired. Bottom line.

spelling things wrong again solles? oh no wait it couldnt be you that spelt it wrong your always such an butthead to everyone else for doin it? and always got your big idiot mouth runnin when someone else makes mistakes?? you need to grow up. and be a man not a little bitch. your lucky man honest were all not in same city dude , cause if i knew you and you talked to me like that wed be fist fightin and you wouldnt like it.

• 2 weeks later...

i've been an installer for a good few years, most clean and simple way is just go to a stereo shop and tell them u need a male harness for ur radio, metra makes male versions of all their harness', the part number will be 71-1721 most likely, (71-XXXX the 71 indicates a male harness) is a blue plug, they usually are bout 12-15 bucks. and the wire colors are the industy standard,

yello- batt constant

red = switched

black ground

white front left +

white/bl front left -

gray front right +

gray/bl front right -

grn rear left +

grn/bl rear left -

purp rear right +

purp/bl rear right -

orange dimmer

blue power ant

good luck, maybe this will help man

I used to think SolLes was a jerk.. then I got to know him.

People don't stand up for him because they like him or want to be cool, but they respect them. SolLes is, well, incredibly well-rehearsed in Honda tech, and.. we all value that.

So.. I have to agree and say, stop running your mouth.

Anyway, good luck with the swap colbs.

• 3 years later...

Archived