What do you guys think of my System??

Verbal Killa

look at boston acoustics also,,, iv had good experience w/ them..

i bought them 4 years ago and blew one about 3 years after i bought them and they gave me a new one, and i didnt have a reciept either,

which component set did you have?

The title says "finally finished". I'd like to see some finished install pictures please. I'd like to see what you did with your setup as far as the subs/box goes.

Nah im finally finished buyin the system.. lol. i tried puttin the 2 15"s in my trunk an they didnt fit. i had too take out the back seats too fit one in there an took over whole trunk. ima get a custom made trunk. for bout 300. ill post pictures when im completely done. :p

i have (1) 15" sub in a 5' cubic box which is insane. it takes up so much trunk space. i'm going to get a 10" or 12" solo baric sub this summer and build a stealth box. it will be tight as hell.

only just read this tread. nice set up I still say stick with infinity 3ways or components all the way. don't mix and match. subs will have an effect on the 6x9s if its sharing the same air space. ie the boot you got s risk of blowing your subs with that amp though. thats a v good amp don't kill it

• 2 weeks later...

well man i think its gona be tight, the subs and the amp are great, i had the same amp in my integra last year before some one stole it , but the lil speakers im not to crazy about, good luck though on them

4g is plenty enough wire. and for the people who havent heard of soundstream theyve been around for a long time and make good gear. in my day were mostly known for there amps but. one system we put in a sunfire(YACK ON GM PRODUCTS) , 2 amps we used were both soundstream. they were monsters. one was called the Picasso and the other was a mono block sub amp called the 10.0. they were high polished chrome and they were badass.

It's ok, better than stock at least... But, you asked for an honest opinion so here it is...

The subs... 15's are too big unless you get a super snappy high quality 15 and even then it's not gonna hit the high notes too well...

Door speakers... You didn't buy components.... bad call... At least find the specs on your coaxials and wire a crossover to them or something, the sound difference will be amazing...

6x9,s, the spider is ugly, And they are 6x9,s which means your most likely going to put them into the rear of the car? Bad idea also... especially since the subs will be back there too... Not enough highs and mids in the front, so this is what your set up is basically going to sound like... Distorted from the rear especially, and uneven unless you do some SERIOUS tuning with it...

If you plan on using this stuff, at least make sure that you use good quality connections and get some good battery terminals, fuses, etc so it will clean up the sound and you can expect them to sound a little better than they normally would...

And one of the biggest MUST DO'S is... use some sort of sound deadening material, like dynamat or blackhole 5... It's not that heavy as long as you use just a little bit and place it in just the critical areas...

If you want some more advise on what to do and what not to do, email me, I'd be more than glad to help...

nizmo24090@aol.com

If your realy that bothered about sound quality. the speakers should be installed tightly with aposing screws to oak wood its the best way to transfer sound.

Or Ironwood from the Sonoran Desert ... The best :thumbsup:

Archived