To swap or not to swap

civicplaya20

Is my motor worth building up? I mean I know all motors have potential once you invest enough money in them, but I mean come on, will this motor ever have to lug nuts (play on words haha) to be anything worth talking about? Opinions wanted and welcome

Is my motor worth building up? I mean I know all motors have potential once you invest enough money in them, but I mean come on, will this motor ever have to lug nuts (play on words haha) to be anything worth talking about? Opinions wanted and welcome

you'd be better off doing a B-series motor swap. so much more potential

you'd be better off doing a B-series motor swap. so much more potential

I was also thinking of doing a ls-vtec swap because of the low end torque. I know a place here in San Antonio that does everything for around 2200. That is a big decision I am having to make

its an okay base...go b-series or k..(k's are costly though)

Not to mention the cost but just trying to fit the damn motor in the bay would be a problem, now I am not completely mechanically inclined enough to install a motor so the moving of everything would not be a problem of mine. It would be the instal guys problem, however when that labor ticket comes then it becomes my problem. I have wanted to go with the k20 in my car ever since the rsx came out. Haven't found a person that can get the motor to their shop cheap enough with the right labor pricing to make me consider it though

not practical to go Kseries not even meant for your style car. B series was meant to be there. easy swaps. practical. and kick ass power for the fuel mileage still. screw that lsvtec , another unpractical setup. puttin 2 diff motors together for a few more ft/lbs? i dont think so. go B series dude.

go b...you can have an n/a b for the same price as a turbo d...and have about the same power..plus the b would be much more reliable

I can't fight with that! Both ways are good, and that's why I'm still just sitting with my D, cuz I can't make up my mine,and don't want something I'll regret!

That's not true. A b series won't be any more reliable than a d series. Oh, and a turbo D16 will kill a B16 with boltons and will cost less than the B series swap. I love my B16 a lot, but in this case I reccomend keeping the D and adding a nice turbo kit (not greddy).

Archived