New CR-VTEC set up

This is what I think I am going to do. Maybe change it up and vary different brands, but I like this idea.

B20B block

Wiseco 12.5:1 pistons (unsure of how high of a compression, I think these will do)

New rods .. don't know which kind yet, but I have my eye on Probe I beams

New wrist pins

B16 head

Crower titanium valvetrain

Crower cams

Crower oversized in/ex valves

ITR header

3" exhaust

Hondata s200 system

ITR intake manifold

310 Injectors

AEM fuel rail

B16 transmission with LSD

Exedy Stage II or III clutch kit

Endyn Breather kit

AEM CAI

Oil Cooler/filter relocation

There is probably a little more, I may have forgot. Lemme know what you think. This should net me in the low 13's if I follow this set-up.

B20B block

CP Pistons 11.5:1

Rocket Motorsports rods or Crower ML rods

pistons come with wrist pins

B16 head

Rocket Motorsports M22X cams/valvetrain

stock valves, Rocket Motorsports headwork (JV, bowl port)

SMSP BVTEC header

no exhaust

Hondata s200 system

AEBS IM

310 Injectors

stock fuel rail

B16 transmission, Quaife LSD, ATS 4.9 FD

Action 1MD clutch

Fidanza flywheel

J's knockoff intake

Let me build a LS/VTEC for you and it would be faster. There is a ton of stuff not needed, not good, and missing from your list.

im sure if you build it for him he wont be learning anything at all about building an engine.. thats probably what he wants just to learn.. its not like he needs it.. he has a reliable engine in his sol already.

yeah but ..SSR.. could be a great help to his build. even if he doesnt get him to build it, ..SSR.. does this for a living.

B20B block

CP Pistons 11.5:1

Rocket Motorsports rods or Crower ML rods

pistons come with wrist pins

B16 head

Rocket Motorsports M22X cams/valvetrain

stock valves, Rocket Motorsports headwork (JV, bowl port)

SMSP BVTEC header

no exhaust

Hondata s200 system

AEBS IM

310 Injectors

stock fuel rail

B16 transmission, Quaife LSD, ATS 4.9 FD

Action 1MD clutch

Fidanza flywheel

J's knockoff intake

Let me build a LS/VTEC for you and it would be faster. There is a ton of stuff not needed, not good, and missing from your list.

^^thats acutally not a bad idea if he can give you a decent price. that motor should rip but i recommend an exhaust and a high flow cat. honda's sound like crap with just a header. the cat and exhaust will quiet it down to a reasonable noise level.

Right, the reason I came up with that, is because a buddy of mine has similar parts in his ls/vtec sol. It flies, and sounds great. I didn't know what CR the pistons should be, but I figured 12.5:1 should cut it. They have some insane ones like 14:1 .. ..SSR.. let me know, I am just trying to have a fun little project for a while, that I can add on to, and have some good power. I know B20's are good for some 250whp NA, and they can run in the low 13's and maybe even high 12's with good driver and slicks, and of course, a good tune. (plus the right amount of $$$)

11.5:1 is perfect for pump gas.

I'd actually stick with OEM pistons. Forged pistons = slap, and need to be re-ringed more often.

250whp builds have serious money in them. This setup will probably do 220-230whp. If I built it, I could get upper 230's-mid 240's out of it.

With teh right gearing and slicks, you could get close to 11's.

I know more than BBS (no offense). I know more than your "local tuners."

Good luck getting good clearances out of anyone.

If you're not willing to pay $10 for some really good advice, you must not be too serious about it.

No, it is just that you had no problem posting it earlier, and now all of a sudden you want money ?

I thought it was funny when you told the noob, but why must you have ten dollars to tell me something that you know so well ?

I think that is kind of grimey man. I am very serious about it, in fact I have already confirmed my order for a CRV block from hmotorsonline.

I already gave you a list.

Your SOL if your tuner messes up or when it's time for a rebuild.

.5mm is the most you can over bore a B20 block. So you'll have to resleeve to rebuild. Add $975 for resleeve, $180 for bore/hone, $495 for pistons, $85 for headgasket.

If you want any kind of power, you have to get new pistons. Unless you know someway to make power on a 9:1 bottom end all motor.

He does have stock sleeves, but he is not more than .5mm over bored. When he rebuilds, he will need to bore again, which will require him to resleeve.

Paypal me $10.

Chris@wd-r.com

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Man what a sad state of affairs it must be kid when you have to beg people to send you money for advice. Think it's time to go down to the Mickey D's and strap on your fry smock and assume your real job. I mean how do you think you rate even asking people for money???? I have talked to indy racing team engine builders about deck clearances and such and guys at sema pushing LSVTECs into the 300 rwhp range all-motor, about valvetrains and intakes, all for free, so you tell me again where you rate charging people for money on an internet forum??

Eat that bitch.

:laugh::laugh:

Wow. That was hilarious. I was reading out loud, and just stopped and laughed.

My local tuner has a guy he knows in Canada who works wor Sunrise JDM motors, and can get me a LS block 550 shipped. Normal price = 650 +shipping. B20 he has for 600 +shipping. Maybe I'll do the LS ?

Oh yeah. I also build engines for a living so I can play around with clearances and see what works for myself.

I can get a LS longblock for under $200. Thats only if I build them though. Otherwise they are the normal going price for a LS longblock.

Oh yeah. I also build engines for a living so I can play around with clearances and see what works for myself.

I can get a LS longblock for under $200. Thats only if I build them though. Otherwise they are the normal going price for a LS longblock.

that's why you ask one of your nuthugger buddies for 10 bucks for some advice. Because your so hooked-up. Still laughing on that one. Go strap on your smock and have my fries ready, that's all you need to do for yourself.

Archived