LS swap vs CR-V swap

-RJ-

Ive seen alot of people who do the LS swap

im trying to be a little diffrent, i plan on getting the CRV Engine which is the b20 i think and turbo charging it. Can anyone tell me if thats any good or am i just wasting money?

Definitely good. If going turbo go LS. I am in the process of building all motor B20vtec.

so you finally decided what u were going to do huh?

following bbs's footsteps i see.

so the b20 isnt as good as the ls motor huh?

the B20 makes more power, but I'm not sure how much the sleeves can take before laying down. B18 sleeves with a good tune can handle 400whp with no problems. "Good tune" is something you'll see SSR and I post a lot. the reason being is because a built N/A or turbo motor is absolutely worthless without a good tune.

i've asked all about this and looked all over about this subject....

if you're just gonna get a few bolt ons, take the ECU from the car you get the head from, and get it tuned. also, check out phearable.net, and check out their ECU's

i've been told they are already chipped with basemap and ready to tune, and have heard nothing bad about them.

if you're going to build it up or go with forced induction, hondata or something like that is almost a MUST

I can build an OEM bottom end LS/VTEC (see my thread Built LS bottom ends) with Rocket Motorsports M22X cams and it will run off the RM chip that comes with the cams. Rocket Motorsports burns the chip for your specific setup.

Archived