might buy new rims

xxscaxx

well, winter is here and i need new rims/tires BAD. my stock tires are like a death trap in the snow (damn summer only tires). my friend is selling his Works Emotion rims, that i was thinking about pickin up. 17's, just like my stock bbs. id probably use them for my summer rims and keep the stocks for the winter. he has them in gunmetal.

let me know what you guys think.

heres a couple of links:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24192&page=8 (this is the best link, its on a white STi, his is slammed and wingless but the best pic)

http://www.worksuperwheels.com/wheels/emotion_cr.html

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthread.php...t=works+emotion (scroll down)

I personally wouldn't spend the money for new rims when you've already got a set of 17" BBS, and since you wouldn't be going with 18's, I don't think it's worth the cash. If you just want to look different from stock then paint yours gunmetal.

i'm not buying them, my dad is for me. so dont worry about the money haha.

the only reason of getting new rims is so i have a set for winter and also, newer rims are always nice :thumbsup:

Well, if it's not money out of your pocket then get them. I personally think gunmetal wheels against a white car looks much tougher than the gold ones, so I expect to see pictures of the new rims on your car by this evening.

i wish by this evening haha. i probably wont get them for like another week if i do decide to buy em. ill definitly post pics though, i think im going to buy some springs too so maybe ill do it all in one shot.

Don't paint your stock wheels, that should be criminal. I hate seeing a beautiful STi or Evo or even 350Z as of late with home depot black or gunmetal paint on them. It looks tacky, and why would you ruin a perfectly good set of expensive BBS wheels?

Definitely bronze Gram Light 57S.

I personally wouldn't spend the money for new rims when you've already got a set of 17" BBS, and since you wouldn't be going with 18's, I don't think it's worth the cash. If you just want to look different from stock then paint yours gunmetal.

B16Vtec was suggesting you paint your wheels. Not I.

And yes, any car with spray painted wheels is a home depot special. Powdercoating is cheap, and looks better, and will actually LAST, and it doesn't totally ruin the wheels' value. Plus dont' you feel bad just KNOWING that you SPRAY PAINTED your wheels?

WAIT WAIT WAIT. There is a HUGE difference between PAINTING a wheel and HOME DEPOTING a wheel. You think I'm an idiot? Of COURSE they are painted from the factory. The paint job on those BBS STi wheels cost more than your SET of wheels. And "Home Depot" refers to spraying them yourself with some Krylon or whatever. Which is Ghetto. And makes every Honda look bad.

So what makes you think I meant for him to use home depot paint? You can use a duplicolor paint and clear and wetsand and buff the finish to get just as good as a finish as anything else out there. Or have an automotive shop sand and spray the wheels. I had that done on my momo's that I used to have and they looked better than new.

I'm sorry, but a duplicolor paint job, no matter how much time you put into it, is going to look like crap compared to a factory finish, and anyone who knows their crap will be able to tell the difference. And why would you sand that beautiful gold paint?

My wheels were painted by an ASE certified, extremely good bodyshop. Only cost me $200 for the set. My dad had his Enkei's repainted on his GSR by the same shop for $200. THis shop is known in our town for being one of the best around, but they're also known for having really good prices. And done right, duplicolor can look really good.

Just for the record, I want to say that I am merely sharing my opinion on the matter. It is not my intention to piss off B16Vtec or anyone else. From my personal experience, and this is only in Idaho, I have NEVER seen a home depot paint job look good.. so props to anyone who can do it right. I've never seen it.

And I've seen "ASE" technicians let a truck out the door without tightening all the lugs, and a mile later the wheel came off... certifications dont' mean crap. I've watched an MECP car audio installer light a car on fire.

I'm sure you don't mean to piss me off, but when you keep referring to them as home depot it is really belittlling. Home Depot doesn't even carry duplicolor. If you want some confirmation about the finish then do a search. There is a closeup of my wheels posted on here somewhere from when I first finished them and the finish is great.

And if you are questioning the quality of his work, check out some of his paintjobs.

Link

Archived