SE-R Spec-V Motor

I've been researching into some 4 door cars that I can make fairly fast. With children in the future, I'll need my "family" car to be a 4 door. Obviously I checked the normal ones like the STI, EVO, and even reg. WRX. Looking at www.turbo-kits.com I see they have a turbo kit for the 02+ Sentra SE-R Spec-V that gives it some serious power. At about 8 psi it puts down 280whp and 280 lb/ft. I know nothing about these motors and whether they can truly hold this power for any length of time. If anybody is familiar with this motor please post some info on how "stout" it is.

(I know this is a Honda forum, but that doesn't mean everybody here only knows Hondas does it?)

A 280whp SE-R with 6k in my pocket would be okay with me. I can pick up a used SE-R with around 20-30k miles for under 12k. That's why I'm interested, but I want to hear from somebody that knows if they can hold the power anywhere near like the B series can.

IMO, Mitsubishi = crap

if you want your car to break down every week, buy the evo

i personally like the spec v, but i would still buy the wrx or sti before it

other cars that can put down some serious power, and that are four door is the audi S4

S4 = $$$. Even used the S4's are pretty expensive. I'm looking for something like a SI civic that can be modified but in a 4 door. WRX would work but I see a lot more of those than the Spec-V. Plus the Spec V is not that aggressive looking so talk about a sleeper.

BUY AN ACCORD!

HAHA

just putting turbo on a 5gen accord ex will put you up to 210 and the 4 door looks nice. im not complaining about mine. gas mileage is great and parts are as easy to find on accords as they are on civics.

Did you see my post where a bolt on kit gets 280 whp and about the same in torque at 8 psi. Hell at 5.5 psi the kit dynoed at around 250 of each. That's a lot more than 210. I researched on some spec v forums and found out that they are having some serious traction issues with the 280 lb/ft. The guys that have them are spinning at 35mph in second and spinning at 60 mph in 3rd when the stomp it. This really leans me more toward the WRX. Maybe even the wagon w/ a black front mount and scoopless hood to make it a real sleeper.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I'm late... I'm a HUGE Nissan fan.. I've owned 5 different 240SX's, a 280Z Datsun, and Several old school sentras/200sx's.. In my own personal opinion of the spec v, they are not as fast as they are hyped up to be, my 95 Accord beats them without hesitating, and I have video to prove it.. I test drove one because I was looking at buying a new car, and I didn't like it at all. As big of a Nissan fan as I am it didn't impress me one bit, and this particular one had a full AEM V2 Cold Air, Stillen Full 2.5" Catback Exhaust. The Motor breakdown is like this: It's a 2.5 Liter Twin Cam Chain Driven Inline4 Cylinder with VTC (Nissan's horrible reinactment of VTEC), 4 Valves per cylinder, Iron Block, Aluminum Head, Stock numbers are 170 Hp at crank, 145 lb/ft torque.. It will hold the boost very well, Nissan's are very strong motor's internally, with the iron block I've seen spec v's boosted to 16 psi on stock internals with no problems.. It will definitely hold the boost but the spec-v is not that impressive to me.. I'd go with a Maxima or Altima if it were Nissan.. The 95-98 Maxima's come stock with the 300ZX Motor with only a Front-Drive Tranny, but they're pretty quick cars, and there is plenty of aftermarket support for the VG30DE.. It's also an Iron Block, but instead of an Aluminum Head, it has an Iron Head as well.. Just my 2 cents..

I've heard that they have a dual butterfly system in the intake manifold similar to the GSR. This is where they get the torque. I thought the motor looked like it had good potential and the car defniately looks low key.

Archived