S2000 Parts

..SSR..

My parents are buying me a car when I get my license in March. I wanted an RX-7 but my dad doesn't want me to get one. So instead, he said I can get an S2000. I already have a folder full of parts I can get for it, but I need to find a carbon fiber driveshaft. Anyone know of any companies that make one?

SSR

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I am not one of those people. I do not even have Gran Turismo. I was going to get an RX-7 but my dad said no because of the reliability problems. When researching for 7's, I found a carbon fiber driveshaft at rx7.com. Rj Devera has a prototype carbon fiber driveshaft on his S2000 made by RE Works. I don't know if it has been put into production yet, because I cannot find the website. By the way, my parents are buying the car, and I am paying the insurance and buying the parts. Yes, I have the money for it, because I work and I got insurance money from a dog bite.

So does anyone know where I can get one at? Also, does anyone here have the Mugen carbon fiber hardtop? My dad is going to buy a hardtop for it (just for the winter), and the Mugen is only like 500-1,000 more than the Honda is, so I might be able to talk him into buying it for me. Just want to know if it is worth the money.

My email is ibecmt@aol.com

SSR

• 1 month later...

Your quest for a fast, reliable, s2000 will be a hard long path grasshopper.

The rear end on those cars is weak as an old lady in bed. When you start adding power, say bye-bye to what will be left of your rear end. Don't get me wrong, I know there are some fast S2000's out there. Those guys have just went though alot of hell and money to get them.

Good luck.

No, I have no hard feelings with anyone on this board, we're all enthusiast and are trying to help each other.

Some mods I can tell you right now are....

Mark Williams carbon fiber driveshaft (may have to change it to chromoly depending on torque-flex)

Spoon or Mark Williams axles

Spoon LSD

clutch, not sure yet, either ACT or Clutchmasters

Spoon flywheel (who can beat 10.2 lbs?)

• 1 month later...
No, I have no hard feelings with anyone on this board, we're all enthusiast and are trying to help each other.

You say some stupid things little boy. I see you saying this yet you tried to talk crap on my car. Yeah lets see some pictures of the S2000 and all these wonderful parts you have for it.

S.jpg

That's a man car.

pretty sure it was takin in either cali or florida. but i could be wrong.

and about the porsche...i saw one EXACTLY like that on the way to work today, and then when i got off i went out to my car and sittin right next to my car was that same car. EXACTLY like the one in the pic. and i also noticed a 944 in the parking lot on the way to my car also...

gots me a porsche 912 in my garage :D

i believe that pic was taken in miami...or around it. that's powelsound's car i think. (powelsound is a guy on www.3si.org) that car is tuned by dynamic racing, a shop owned my matt monett. that car is a beast. :p

anyways, i thought i would chime into this thread, cuz i'm getting kinda tired of seeing this kid post about 'his' s2000...this kinda reminds me of before i got my car, and i was looking at all of the parts for a gran prix gtp. i was so set that i was gonna get it, but then i came across my 3kgt. my point is, that why dont you just wait until you get the car and then start worrying about mods. don't really wanna sound like an butthead, but no one really cares about the car if it doesn't exist yet... :crazy:

"nasty ass homeboy wigger car"your opinion is right I have more fans then you have friends. Everytime I drive the car I have tons of people complimenting it. Your car doesn't exist so why don't you stop talking about what you wish you are going to do. I understand all little boys dream about things they won't get. Talk to me when you get past puberty.

S.jpg

More cars than friends? Right. Tons of compliments? Funny.

I'm not dreaming. Since you were too lazy to read elsewhere in the forum, I got a dogbite settlement that totaled over 50k. That means I will have over 50,000 to buy parts with if I choose to.

Tell you what. You tell me where you live, we'll set a date, and I'll come down there and race you for $3,000 or keys, you choose.

complimenting...? yeah on what? the chrome rims? or your bags? neither of which amounts to jack crap performance wise. i'm guessing from your name you have nitrous? wow bags, nitrous and rims thats quite a combo....

Your car doesn't exist so why don't you stop talking about what you wish you are going to do

haha, you dont even know.. maybe he will, or maybe he wont but he will have a badass car, and yes he does have the money. hey ssr thought about doin a 3.5 ltr n/a nsx? just an idea :D

Actually I don't have bags and I don't have NOS. Juice is another term for hydraulics and who ever said I was going for the ricey performance style. I have a 2002 Audi S8 to go fast I don't need to go fast in the Acura it's a sedan not a sports car. Besides the fact that I have added 80hp to my car but that's all I need

Archived