Rice.

arsonteg

The other day I went to Wal-Mart and I parked in the furthest available spot in order to stay away from any moron that would open a car door without looking to see how close the car next to them is. As I left the store and walked the length of the parking lot I was able to get a full long distance view of my car seeing as how there were no other cars around. As I approached Tegra, I saw my painted gold rims, the corner of my Altezza tail light, my clear bumper light and the clear turn signal light on the fender and it hit me... "MAN, MY CAR IS SOOOOOO F***ING RICE!!!", is what I said to myself. Then I began to laugh, thus I have decided to completely overhaul the exterior of my car. I have some things in mind but if anyone has any ideas they would be more than welcomed.

amber indicators and oem/jdm tails and your car would be perfect.. along with a lip kit and cf hood.. that would be real nice. dont be too hard on yourself.. i get called rice all the time because of my rims just being spraypainted but i think they look amazing!

Okay, my advice is to red out your tails. Go buy some testors model spray paint......Candy apple red and Paint the tails. Make sure to do all your prep work. Then go to your local hobby shop and buy some orange stained glass paint and paint your front corner lights. This will make them look amber but really clean looking. Again do all the proper prep work. (Oh, and I'll be painting my corner lights amber probably this weekend so I will post pics of the outcome for you). Leave the gold rims. Looks good, not rice. Or just trade me rims.

those webs of his would looks sweet ass sweet on your car B16.

and if you're too lazy or dont feel like doing the painting crap of the tail lights just buy new ones or something.. but redding out the tails looks awesome on tegs.

haha

i was once a ricer too

but..u grow out of it..if u look at my accord..i was "too fast too furious" ricer

then i grew and had my old red hatch thatz in my sig..now im workin on my new project hatch

my mentality now is....JDM or go home.....and i wanna laugh at the people who are all show no go...i can't wait to get my new hatch on the road

Okay, my advice is to red out your tails. Go buy some testors model spray paint......Candy apple red and Paint the tails. Make sure to do all your prep work. Then go to your local hobby shop and buy some orange stained glass paint and paint your front corner lights. This will make them look amber but really clean looking. Again do all the proper prep work. (Oh, and I'll be painting my corner lights amber probably this weekend so I will post pics of the outcome for you). Leave the gold rims. Looks good, not rice. Or just trade me rims.

I was thinking of trying to find a set of JDM tails, but the redding out sounds interesting, thanx. With the rims though I think Im going to polish them. I think the gold looks good, but im getting kinda sick of it.

haha

i was once a ricer too

but..u grow out of it..if u look at my accord..i was "too fast too furious" ricer

then i grew and had my old red hatch thatz in my sig..now im workin on my new project hatch

my mentality now is....JDM or go home.....and i wanna laugh at the people who are all show no go...i can't wait to get my new hatch on the road

I think thats exactly what happened, I grew out of it, I mean the tails were already on the car when I got my hands on it, but I left them on because that was the "it thing", you know? Now I look at them, and I realize they don't even look a LITTLE good. HAHAHA! Oh well, live and learn.

JDM Tails:

311.jpg

USDM 94-97 Tails:

3c_1.JPG

If you want to go all red, just get some 98-01 tails. It will look a lot cleaner than altezzas sprayed red.

If you want JDM tails, just save the money and pick up some 94-97 tails. There's at least 3 sets on ebay right now for pretty cheap.

hmm.. they are the same exact thing. damn.

yeah i do believe red sprayed oem tails would look better than the tezzas.

and you 2 should definitely trade rims.

98-01 integra tail lights are all red from the factory (aside from the reverse light).

nah, im saying these people who have "Love JDM" on their license plates and they have nasty ugly ass wings and body kits ... thats not jdm styling ... i know what JDM stands for .. thanks for that though ... you should build something and style it the way you want it .. not the way everyone else is doing it ... people need to be more unique

nah, im saying these people who have "Love JDM" on their license plates and they have nasty ugly ass wings and body kits ... thats not jdm styling ... i know what JDM stands for .. thanks for that though ... you should build something and style it the way you want it .. not the way everyone else is doing it ... people need to be more unique

Not all Japanese parts are "clean" in appearance. A lot of them actually provide function, but that does not mean that they will be used properly.

right, but im talking about these people with over-sized wings, and rims, and primered body kits, who have stickers that say JDM ride and things like that ... the reason most domestic car people dislike imports are becuase of these guys ... im tired of when someone asks me what car i have and i tell them, they follow it up with, "you have a body kit and huge spoiler and fart can? ... hah" ... i hate that and i don't find it funny

i find it funny when the people who ask me that have a 7 mpg truck and they ride the bus cuz their ass cant pay 100 bucks to fill up the 40 gallon tank.

and yes i see many many many cars like that also. and im not full anti-rice i believe rice is described as a person who gets all this stuff done on their car by someone at a shop and knows nothing about it when it goes wrong. a ricer is someone who goes out and buys muffler without the rest of the piping or anything.

i really hate it when kids buy a car when its already fixed up wit engine swap someone took their precious time to put in and the next day someone who buys the car goes and wrecks it because they havent learned how much power the car actually has or how much you should put on that car and engine.

people like this piss me off..people who make things like this piss me off. people who install this crap for the ricers piss me off the most.

JDM is the new rice.

Buddysol said that a long time ago and I've agreed for a long time now.

My friends car has a body kit and 17's. I like it more than if it had an Si lip, and 15's.

fawk JDM. If it is Rota (not saying fawk Rota), knock off lips, painted headlights, VIS stuff, etc. It isn't JDM.

Just do what you want.

If "rice" got really big again, you'd probably get rid of all your fake JDM crap.

Archived