The Need for Speed

1991AccordDx

ok you're intitled to your own opinion as am i so if you think that a t3/t4 is better for an everyday car go for it

your "opinion" has no validity. there is no such thing as a "5 pound turbo". an F22 can take a T3/T4 perfectly fine.

if you're talking about just running 5 psi...then you really have no idea what you're talking about. 5 psi in a T3/T04E is not the same 5 psi from a T25.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't turbos make their power at higher RPMs? I guess that is based on size... I am worried about the turbo interfering with the VTEC. The VTEC is already pretty potent when it kicks in, and a turbo working on top of that will REALLY pull the car hard after 4000 RPMs. Will a turbo add to the low-end pull of the car? Is there a way to bi-turbo?

You guys know what I would need to upgrade and approx how much it would all cost?? I am thinking of maybe waiting until I buy another car in the next couple of years instead of doing work on my Accord. I have a 4cyl Accord sedan (not sporty at all) but it is a 5spd manual, which helps. I don't know if my Accord will ever look sporty - I have the xenon lights; if I turbo I will tint the windows, add a rear spoiler, and probably go with 17" rims. I don't want to lower the car because I deliver pizza in it. I just don't think it is sporty looking.

In the next few years I'd likely want to buy either a Infiniti G35 coupe 6spd, Acura TL 6spd, BMW 330ci / used M3 (slim chance), or maybe the new Lexus IS350. I won't be buying a new car for a while, but as of now those are the cars that I would be looking at. They all start off much sportier than the Accord and also have 6 cylinder engines with 6spd transmissions. I don't know, is it even worth turbo charging my car?? I have 105,000 miles on it and I am in the process of having a $10k stereo system put in (not what I paid for it, just what it is worth retail lol). I like the idea of a "sleeper" vehicle that doesn't draw too much attention to itself, but I still want people who see it to think "wow that is a nice looking Accord, sporty and nice".

if you deliver pizzas, you dont want to boost it. i deliver pizzas in my del sol, and you want the reliability and gas milage of a factory honda. i say leave it stock or get a new job.

With the weight of a $10k stereo, a turbo will probably make you run as quick as a stock accord. If you want speed, don't get all the audio stuff, if you want all the audio stuff then don't try to be fast too.

Well we are using lighter materials and did a bit of fiberglass work this time. I have the same # of components, but they are lighter, smaller, or both. I will post up some pics, or a link to some pics once the car is finished this weekend. :D

Back to the original topic... I was checking out the Accord EX V6 6spd last night and it seems like a really good deal. My aunt dropped off her '03 or '04 (can't remember which year) Accord EX auto sedan last night and I took for a quick drive... I was really impressed with the amount of power and refinement the new Hondas have over the previous generation. I have the '00 Accord EX (manual) and it's not nearly as refined inside and the engine doesn't feel as powerful down low. Hmmm.... I still love my Accord, for a 4cyl it is really quite powerful and refined, but the new Hondas are just so much nicer I am very impressed.

My boss leases a new Acura every 3 years and I always get to drive them. He had a 1998 RL (never drove it), 2000 TL (very nice, but very similiar to my Accord), and now he has a 2003 MDX (very nice inside, powerful engine, but I'm not an SUV person lol). He wants to get the new RL next, but at the time he gets the RL I will be looking to buy a new car. I really like the TL. I'd like to get the TL A-spec 6spd black on black - that is really what I have in the back of my mind... but then I was looking at the Accord EX V6 6spd coupe last night - it is just about identical to the TL as far as acceleration goes, but the TL has better braking, handling, and luxury... but also costs significantly more. I'll have to test drive both and see. I don't expect to really push either car to its limits so the added performance of the TL may not be necessary. What do you guys think? Or should I just turbo charge my EX 5spd Accord? :p

LOL, I like the TL - the fact that I live in NJ and always have the threat of snowy winters, I have to get either FWD or AWD. It knocks out BMW and the Infiniti G35, and I am left with Honda Accord, Acura TL, or the Lexus IS350 (AWD I think... maybe just on the IS250). If I have to choose between the TL and the Accord, of course the TL will win, unless money is a factor. I'd love to get the TL 6spd manual with A-spec kit black on black... oh man ::drool::

• 1 month later...

The great thing about the TL is its so nice stock that you wouldnt have to worry about any after market products. My uncle has a 05 TL grey on black manual with Nav. I drove it and with 270 HP its very quick and satisfying.

I have a 05 accord coupe EX V6 and was wondering if a cold air intake would make a difference. I dont really care about added HP it will probably add 2-3 HP but will a cold air intake improve fuel economy and performance of the car?

Im looking for increased fuel performance

I hear different opinions on intakes and was wondering if a good quality $300 intake is worth it. Or are intakes only effective if you add other engine mods to your car?

• 2 weeks later...

UPs just dim lights and run the A/C lower.

i say turbo, exhaust, header, cold air intake, and msd ignition.

that'd get you running better and give you 275hp off that engine.

i have 180 hp 143 whp with all boltons with my accord

• 5 weeks later...
UPs just dim lights and run the A/C lower.

i say turbo, exhaust, header, cold air intake, and msd ignition.

that'd get you running better and give you 275hp off that engine.

i have 180 hp 143 whp with all boltons with my accord

Hey billy, how are you going to fit that header onto the turbo? 180hp huh? Wow, what do you have?

Hey billy, how are you going to fit that header onto the turbo? 180hp huh? Wow, what do you have?

hahaha yeah..

big mess up there 97accordjdm....

no header, turbo manifold.

no cai, intercooler pipes.

i kno

i've been sloppy wit my crap cuz i wanna run it at the track (Import Wars) this saturday so im "mickey mousing" everything...i will fix everything up later...my clutch slips n crap wen the boosts kicks in..i can't even power shift..i must granny shift...so im prayin on hitting a nice low 15

Archived