The Winner Is...

optional187

ok, this is dumb...but. who would win in a race out of the following:

1995 honda civic ex w/ mt

1989 nissan 240sx w/ at (provided it runs normal...but as i speak right now it doesn't) its the 2.4 l model, but like i said, its not properly maintained.

1989 honda accord dx w/ mt

i have been telling some of my boys that there is no way they can beat me with such, how to say this...older cars. now, don't get me wrong, properly maintained these cars would all be fine. but the 1989's weren't properly maintained, so. my 95 civic was never taken above the 4500 rpm mark for the entire first 8 years of its life...and was never taken above 80 mph. i've known the girl that i bought it from ever since she bought it new off the lot, so i know how she drove it.

i'm just tired of these jokers trying to talk when they have crappy cars. the way i see it is that the 240 is my main comp. but then again i bet i stomp the *ahem* out of it when the guy finally lets me race him.

btw, all cars are stock.

actually, the 240 could have given you competition if it was a mt.. i dont know how many hp it has...stock but i know its a rwd so that might be something you might want to take in consideration. over all, you'd kill them....if you know how to drive a stick. your car isn't modified? try running them and let us know! *hint* try taking out the spare tire and run it

he's probably rebuilding his motor!! LOL dont get spanked now! he's probably spraying or have something up his sleeve. if its too late for mods, try doing simple things to increase your cars performance.. like taking out spare tire, speakerbox, changing oil, low take of gas, etc..

i know its good competition. but...let me let you in on a little secret:

he was running on 3 out of 4 cycl. thats why he's rebuilding his motor. this car is not in prestine condition. he's got problems with the brakes, problems with his transmission. (it has a hesitation when he stomps on the gas). hits tires have almost no tread on them (penny test: lincolns full head was still in the picture...) thats why i think i could win. its funny the condition his car is in, and the fact that he talks like it is the best on the road. when you pull the e-brake up, its supposed to keep the car from rolling........

• 2 weeks later...

Well if he put a RB25, den ur car would definatly be killed by many car lanes, but this is the thing he doesnt have that in his car, so you can kill him, i beat my freinds 89 240sx, with my CRX DX, all i had was intake...yes he knows how to drive stick and it was a properly maintained car...except that fact that his interior smelled like cat piss.....well thats becuase he jus bought it....anyway yea man you can beat him as long as you know how to shift properly and have some mods in ur car.

yeah dude, i beat him without any mods what so ever. no intake, no headers, no nothin...i'm runnin all stock...for now. it was a relatively good race (cause i won :D ). on dirt we both had a lot of wheelspin especially in first for me, and since he is a auto he didn't have to worry about shifting or anything like that. on asphault we were both pretty even in first gear, then i left him in second and third, but couldn't gain anymore space between us in 4th (we didn't exactly do a quarter mile, it was longer and i got up to about 105mph)

i beat a nissan, i beat a nissan :D

about the rb25...your right, he would eat me alive. he's thinking about putting in a sr20det but he doesn't have the money, so he's just rebuildin the stock engine (hell if i know the code on it). we'll be running pretty much equal on every mod we make, but he doesn't drive as good as me...so i'll take him no matter what. plus, he's an auto so i've got that on him too. i don't know, i'm just happy.

Yea, well right now im running into a partial Dilemma........well the thing is that some guy offered to buy my CRX today....as soon as it gets the new engine in it, he wants to buy it for about 4500-4200, should i sell it or not? Its got intake header, exhaust, kameleon flip flop paint from purple to blue, underbody lights, its goin to have a ZC motor, and has Altezza's...so what do you guyz think????? :( :(

Yea, well right now im running into a partial Dilemma........well the thing is that some guy offered to buy my CRX today....as soon as it gets the new engine in it, he wants to buy it for about 4500-4200, should i sell it or not? Its got intake header, exhaust, kameleon flip flop paint from purple to blue, underbody lights, its goin to have a ZC motor, and has Altezza's...so what do you guyz think????? :( :(

Depends on how much you love the car, IMO. I've had offers up to $8k for my CRX since I got it, but I've no plans to sell it :crazy:

Anyone know how fast Eagle Talons are? My friend has one (not a turbo) with a new motor (less than a year old but completely broken in) and I just beat him the other night in my 87 Oldsmobile Cutlass. The olds has 125k miles on it and it needs a tune up right now so it bogs off the line and I still beat him by at least a car length. I really thought his car would be faster than mine cuz its small and 140hp or something like that.

Archived