Suspension Question?

dawrenn

I am planning on lowering my car when I get everything I need. I am probably going to be getting Neuspeed Race springs. I was wondering if I am going to need a camber kit? The car is going to be lowered 2.25 inches in the front and 2 inches in the rear. Do I need it for the front and rear? Which camber kit do you suggest I get if I need it? What shocks do you recommend for use with the neuspeed springs?

i have kyb agx adjustables, and they do their job.

I am want to lower my car 2.25 inches in the front and 2 in the rear. Am I going to need a camber kit? This is what someone said about getting an alignment: If i were you i would definately recommend a camber kit. That is a pretty substantial drop and it will affect your camber. I got a front and rear camber kit for mine and i only dropped it about 1.8 inches or so. You could go without it but it will go thru tires fairly quickly and i think it is better to just get the camber kit and do it right the first time rather then replacing tires often due to bad camber. Then I said this: I heard if I get an alignment I will be fine.

Then he said this:

2+ inchs will cause havoc on your camber. I know it did on mine with less drop then that. The alignment wont fix your camber. It will fix Caster and Toe but the camber will still be negative and you wheels will be tilted in noticeably proceeding to wear out the insides of the tires prematurely.

Am I going to need a camber kit or not?

Hmmm, well my drop is about 1-and some change. Front camber is a little over factory specs, it wears on the inside. I have a camber kit for it, just never bothered installing it. My rear is fine, wears even. As long as I rotate my tires I'm pretty much good. I was told around 2" is a good time to invest in a camber kit. The only reason I never really wanted to put the thing on is because often times you'll end up re-adjusting them over and over again. If you wanted a camber kit, all you really need is a front camber (as most kits usually offer front ones for Civics/Sols), if your rears are pretty bad all you need is some washers and follow one of the FAQs over at TeamdelSol.com

I also have KYB AGXs...prolly gonna change out my entire suspension as the year progresses. Eibachs and Konis, quite a combo.

Hmmm, well my drop is about 1-and some change. Front camber is a little over factory specs, it wears on the inside. I have a camber kit for it, just never bothered installing it. My rear is fine, wears even. As long as I rotate my tires I'm pretty much good. I was told around 2" is a good time to invest in a camber kit. The only reason I never really wanted to put the thing on is because often times you'll end up re-adjusting them over and over again. If you wanted a camber kit, all you really need is a front camber (as most kits usually offer front ones for Civics/Sols), if your rears are pretty bad all you need is some washers and follow one of the FAQs over at TeamdelSol.com

I also have KYB AGXs...prolly gonna change out my entire suspension as the year progresses. Eibachs and Konis, quite a combo.

My friends Del sol is lowered 2.25" in the fron and 22" in the rear and he does not have a camber kit and has no problem with uneven wear.

Archived