im coming over

hondaeater

well i went to the dealership today and test drove it filled out all the paperwork and what not ill know tomorrow if i can take it home. its a blue 2002 rsx type s. i have to give it some props that vtech felt nuts it was definately a nice test drive i was going about 80 (sales guy in the back seat) and it felt like i was going 45. definately a comfortable car. now for the stupid questions that im going to be asking.

what kinda motor is it?

whats the hp rating and what not?

is it worth the 15999 im about to pay for it?

If I remember correctly I think this newbie first came to HF bashing imports. Now he's talking about purchasing an RSX Type S. Rather odd if you ask me.

The RSX has a K20A2 engine

2.0 16V DOHC i-VTEC PGM-FI 200hp@7000rpm 142tq@6000rpm

no i came over challenging you "honda drivers" to beat me you still havnt btw so im going to go ahead and put my car down for a bit to make it faster. im not buying the car for racing its going to be my daily driver while im working on my track car, which will remain a nissan.

thanks for the info

theres 20000 miles on the car is it worth the 16 grand or not??

IMO, RSXs suck. I suppose they have their pluses, but I'll always see them as midpack compared to other sport compacts. I still have yet to see an impressive RSX (then again, I'm not really looking). I just think other cars in it's class come out with a better overall package. The RSX Type S didn't really live upto to the Type R in the Speedworld WTC. Yah, every once in a while they ranked first or came close, but nothing dominating or consistent, especially with one really good driver followed by some not so great ones. I suppose it doesn't help RTR's own owner is driving a Nissan SE-R. We'll see how that goes, especially now that RTR added the TSX to it's lineup. Honda has dropped the ball with the RSX and Si.

:edit: blah...sorry i'm babbling...it was a drinking night, forgive me...

well they ran my credit and i found out taht someone got credit cards off of my ssn and it wasnt me so i cant get the rsx so now ill be walking while my nx is being rebuilt. or ill at least be walking till i buy a beater to get me to and from

Hmmm, performance wise the RSX is up there, but you prolly could find better deals with the rest of the group. Like the Mazdaspeed Protege or Sentra SE-R Spec V...which by the way also compete in the same Speedworld WTC as the RSX. Protege has been known as a pretty good handler, while the Sentra is more overall package. Ummm, looking at other sport compacts, the Celica GT-S is also not a bad option.

I'd take an RSX. Suspension is softer than an ITR, but the chassis is more than twice as stiff.

A kid at my school has a Celica GTS and my friend beat him in his 84 VW Rabbit.

• 4 weeks later...

Ahhhh the VW Rabbit, one of my friends just got one of those for his first car. He said hes gonna go to Target and buy $20 spinners for it :laugh:

• 3 months later...

Did you ever get your credit fixed?

I know this is an old thread but my Type-S ran 14.9 stock & toped out at 146mph (I only tested that once). How many other cars in it's class can do that? Hmm

Archived