New to the forum

jotay21

I am new here and about to buy an S2K. I pick it up this weekend. Unfortunately I bought a used one, but I got a really good deal on it, so I had to jump on it. It is a 2002 with 11000 miles. Black exterior and black interior with Zinetti wheels. I am not sure how much I like the wheels, but they will do for now. All of this for $19,500. I am in desperate need of a daily driver since I put a supercharger on my G35, and the S2000 seemed like a good candidate. I hope it is as much fun as it looks. I have still yet to drive one.

Buying a S200 for a daily driver = stupid.

Just out of curiousity, how is it stupid? Disregard any assumption that you may have about financial situations. Currently I have a 2003 G35 Coupe, a 2003 Ford Harley Davidson F150 and I just bought a 2004 R1. The truck is to work around the house and haul the bike around. I needed something that was a dependable vehicle that got good gas mileage. I did not buy it because of its performance. I have raced a few S2000's with my G when it was in factory form and handled them easily. I just wanted a stylish car that had decent performance. S2000 for a daily driver for you may very well be stupid, but I am not you and to be completly honest, you are a f*cking idiot to just post something like that. You should check out www.6mt.net. Real car enthusiasts hang out there and appreciate all cars for what they are. For me, the S is nothing more than an entry level sports coupe and a daily driver. l

ummm...you bought a used car without driving it first?

I know that it sounds odd, but here in SC, we have a state enforced Lemon Law and I think that the car is fine. I have been in it several times, just never driven it. I am buying it from a Major here at the Air Force base and if I have major problems with it, I will be able to hold him to the car. That is the great thing about the military, it is called a chain of command. I am not in the Air Force, but I do work on the base and in the same squadron, so I do not think that I will have any issues with the car. There will probably never be any performance mods done to it, so I am not worried about the life of the car. I will continue to dump money into the G. It is a much better platform to build on. I should have the car tomorrow afternoon, so I will post some pictures of it when I get it.

sounds good...post pics, lots. just don't make them super huge ass files, otherwise my crappy country ass dial-up won't be able to handle it. might as well post pics of the g35 and the r1 too...i've seen too many ford h-d editions to want to look at another one, and IMO Chevy should have gotten that deal instead of ford.

want to sell me the s2000 once you're done with it in like...10 months or so?

1. S2000 is a sports car, and not an entry level.

2. A daily driver shouldn't be a sports car.

3. Harley F-150's get 12MPG, not good at all.

4. I am a real enthusiast who likes any kind of car and I already have a real enthusiast web forum to hang out at (not here).

5. I'd like to see some pics of these bling-ballin cars.

1. S2000 is a sports car, and not an entry level.

2. A daily driver shouldn't be a sports car.

3. Harley F-150's get 12MPG, not good at all.

4. I am a real enthusiast who likes any kind of car and I already have a real enthusiast web forum to hang out at (not here).

5. I'd like to see some pics of these bling-ballin cars.

1. The S2000 is a sports car, and it should be considered entry level given its interior and price. It simply is not as nice as the other two seaters out there with the exception of the 350Z. The S is nicer than the Z, but lacks in comparison of performance.

2. Who says a daily driver shouldn't be a sports car? It is a practical decision. The car is very dependable and it gets great gas mileage. What more could you ask for?

3. I completely agree, but the low end power of that truck is amazing. It also happens to be one of the best looking trucks out there. I just wish that I could get that damn 100th aniversary pin stripe off.

4. What is that site????

5. Here are some pictures of the car and truck. I do not have any of the 04 R1 yet because they are not being released to the dealers until tomorrow and I will not likely get mine until around the 10th of February. I will try to include a picture of my bike that I am trading for the new one.

I can not get the pictures to work. They are hosted on a thread at www.r1-forum.com. Here is the thread if you want to see them. http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread....2662#post842662

Post them here, I'm not going to register.

The site is Honda-tech.com, a lot of great people there.

I tried that. It wouldn't let me use R1-forum to host the pics. If you have any ideas, or just shoot me an email address and I will email them to you and maybe you could post them for me. Thanks.

Josh

host your pics at imagestation.com

or email them to me and i'll host them for you, it'd be my pleasure: honda_civicex95@yahoo.com

actually...i'm registered on r1-forums.com. forgot all about it. but you're still going to have to email them to me because its taking for-friggin-ever to load :)

Too much chrome on the G35 and R1.

There is not one piece of chrome on the R1. As far as getitng a Honda instead of an R1, Have you ever ridden a honda bike? They have to be the most uncomfortable bike on the market. The new 1000RR is actually competitive with the other liter bikes, but I am sure it still has Honda's customary soft suspension and cement like seat. Now, the G. Those are polished as well, not chrome.

Also, the truck would look much cleaner without the pinstripe in my opinion.

Must be nice to have alot of money. :D

I agree 100%. I would love to get that pinstripe off of it. I could get it one, but I am not sure if it is worth the money right now. I am going to need a new exhaust for the new R1 in a couple of weeks.

Also, the truck would look much cleaner without the pinstripe in my opinion.

Must be nice to have alot of money.  :D

I agree 100%. I would love to get that pinstripe off of it. I could get it one, but I am not sure if it is worth the money right now. I am going to need a new exhaust for the new R1 in a couple of weeks.

Are you just upgrading the exhaust?

You purchased all these toys by yourself, I'm jealous. God, what I would do for a decent paying job.

Anyways, post some pics of the S2000 someday that's really what I want to see.

Look in the pics. The R1 has reflective silver material which looks exactly like chrome. Get technical and call it polished, but it is still the same as chrome. Same with the 19's. Do you know how much those wheels kill the performance?

Look in the pics. The R1 has reflective silver material which looks exactly like chrome. Get technical and call it polished, but it is still the same as chrome. Same with the 19's. Do you know how much those wheels kill the performance?

I'm really not trying to be an ass, so please don't take it the wrong way.

it's his car. let him do what he wants. even with those wheels, I bet it's still very quick.

There is a big difference between chrome and polished aluminum. Chrome adds weight and polishing reduces it. The GFG's, even though they are 19's dropped about 8lbs of the rear wheels when I put them on. The factory wheels were not aluminum and they were very heavy. So now am I confused. How did dropping 16lbs of rotational mass kill the performance???

Well, sonofabitch. My seller backed out this weekend. He told me that he had an emergency and it ended up being that he was just trying to put things off hoping that I would lose interest. Now I have to find another one to buy. That pisses me off.

Archived