Coil-overs

• 2 weeks later...

Stay away from coilover sleeves if at all possible, Ground Control's with custom Eibach springs & Koni Yellows is the only way to go for sleeves. The key for adjustable ride height is adjustment built INTO the strut not a threaded metal piece to fit between causing stress on your perches & possibly cracking a spring perch. If you have the money a true coilover set is the way to go, do it right the first time because suspension aint cheap. If true coilovers are out of the question, stick with normal lowering springs & aftermarket adjustable struts - most Koni yellows have some adjustable ride height built into the strut(25mm max adjustment)

• 5 months later...

I think Coilovers are a waste of time( the threded sleeves) I think people should

just go for just springs not coilovers. Springs are so easy you just drop them in

and your done; but with coilovers there to damm easy to want to adjust and adjust

ect!!!!!!!!!

Springs are so easy you just drop them in

and your done; but with coilovers there to damm easy to want to adjust and adjust

ect!!!!!!!!!

What about the person who still uses their car as a daily driver during the week, and doesn't want to lose ride quality?

I think Coilovers are a waste of time( the threded sleeves) I think people should

just go for just springs not coilovers. Springs are so easy you just drop them in

ect!!!!!!!!!

Those aren't coilovers, they're coilover sleeves.

If you just drop in springs, then you have a stiffer rate than your shocks can handle so it won't ride well and it will wear out the shocks quickly.

The whole point of coilovers is so you can tune in your suspension (not slam it at night and raise it at day). You go to a trackday, HPDE, etc and adjust until you get it where you want it. (Best to cornerweight first and adjust to get the weight distribution close first).

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Got money to invest into your car??? Go get the Tein Ultamate Spec Circuit Master Super Racing Dampering system(EDFC compatible) they are developed from actual competition, TEIN was able to create a fully adjustable damper that can be tuned for any track or weather conditions. Super Racing dampers utilize full-legnth adjustment, EDFC compatability, and seperate compression and rebound adjustment to produce a superior suspension ready for competition...

Thats what im thinking about switching to myself...:thumbsup:

Archived