Integ Gens

98Teg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok, so now for another question now that that question was answered, when looking for parts, now that i know gens, i have a 3rd Gen Teg RS, when looking for parts if it says Type R does that mean i cant use it? do i need parts specifically for my model?

would it be worth it to make the change? im only 17, or should i just it as a non-vtec, and which would be better for my car and why, a 4-2-1 or a 4 into 1, im looking at coximport.com at the DC headers

if i had wanted a manual transmission i would've gotten it, the problem is, i live in NJ, not exactly where you want to drive a manual car, so since i was the first of friends to get a licsense i decided to still get the car i like (Integra) just to get it as an automatic as well that way i wouldnt have to deal with all the troubles, my 2nd car of course will be manual, and i look forward to it, but i just bought the car, and if i wanted a manual i would've just bought it manual to begin with, so for my question again, with the automatic and the non-vtec is it worth doing anything to my engine?

any money you put into that car will be a waste. if you plan on buying a car with a manual tranny next, go ahead and move on to the next car. i was the first of my friends to get a car, and a got a civic with a 5spd...its not that hard to drive a stick, just get one and quit being so scared of it :p

i dont plan on buying another car until i get out of college (6 years) so whatever changes i made to my car, i would just sell the parts later or swap them---if you ever drove a car in Jersey you would realize how hard it is to drive stick, with the dense population, the traffic, i just dont think it would be worth it, i watch my friend drive, and its not worth shifting up then downshifting every two blocks

to answer your question...since you have that mindset, no. it wouldn't be worth doing anything to your engine at all. you can't race an automatic. you can't race in dense population. there is no point in doing anything that adds horsepower, because you have no way of using it.

rims, bodykit, subs, and a big ass sticker that says tYpIkLe RiCe

hehe, no bodykit, cant have those, the roads here suck too much, not flat, too many hills and sudden increases, so a bodykit would be pointless, it would get scratched up too quickly, chances are, that if i do anything to my car, ill get it painted, change the side mirrors/get them painted, and give myself a nice stereo system, but that is all, no rice, no od on the features, just big enough to satisfy myself, but not big enough to attract attention that i dont want

maybe when i got into college ill trade my car in and get a teg type r manual, but how much of a price difference do you think there would be assuming they had the same amount of mileage, for example if i bought a Manual Trans. Teg Type R with say 60k miles on it, all stock

There is tons of traffic here. Once I get into the city (I live in a suburb) I am shifting every two seconds. Its easy.

DO NOT EVER GET AN INTEGRA TYPE R. Especially since you won't even give it the respect it deserves by calling it a "teg".

just keep your car and continue to rice slowly add rice to it over the years. you will get respect from all your friends that don't know anything about engines, which will keep you satisfied. and you won't have any performance...since apparently you can't have a car with a manual transmission if you live in the city. :rolleyes:

if i didnt call it a teg, which i see it called in a lot of places, what would i call it?

im just trying to keep in mind which would interest me, and not only that, but what would be good, im not looking for a car that only interests me, but i want a car that gains respect from other people, hence why i started talking on this site, just so i can learn more and be able to eventually have a car that i can brag about being my own, and doing all the work on it myself, so if i say anything stupid, just tell me so i know better for next time, like i know now that the term "teg" is not a good word to use for the car

You can make an auto pretty quick. It's going to cost you more then it would to make a manual quick though. You'll have to get a higher stall torque converter so you can launch at higher rpms. Not sure how it's going to work with the engine managment, you'd have to take it to a good shop who have worked with auto's. Once you get all that straightened out, then you can do some internal work or add a supercharger or even a turbo. You'll want a quicker spooling turbo though with the auto since you don't have the extra gear to play with.

Also, you'll need to remember to buy some exterior parts specifically for the 94 to 97. 98 they changed some things, such as the front and rear bumpers, the taillights and some other minor cosmetic changes.

calling it teg isn't really all that bad...its just typical slang. just like teggy. call it whatever you want (i call my car G because its a gs-t...go figure).

personally, i think it would be a really big waste of money and time to make a automatic go fast. just do exterior stuff, but nothing to major. mirrors wouldn't be bad like you said, a differen't paint job (just make sure you do door sills and engine bay etc so it looks good), lower it, rims (nothing to ricey like chrome. just get some 17'' racing style wheels...tenzo's or enkei's), intake/exhaust (muffler or rear section should do fine since you're not looking for speed) get a lip kit to make it look a little better and you should be set, unless you want a small system in it (i wouldn't do anything big...but i'm not really a audio person). if you did that then you would have a car that you could brag about and you would get respect from other people.

calling it teg isn't really all that bad...its just typical slang. just like teggy. call it whatever you want (i call my car G because its a gs-t...go figure).

typical slang? hmm....i wonder if i should call mine.. Type-LS :laugh:

nope nope.. i usally call it integra, ever think about naming your car?

does anyone know where to find one of those cop radar things? the ones where you plug it in and it picks up the cops radar so you know when they are looking for people who are speeding, i need to get one of those, and i was wondering how much they generally run for

Archived