Wiring Neons

almightyaccord

Ok this might sound a little weird but here is my question. I want to install some neon lights in various places of my car and I don’t want to always be looking for somewhere to tap in for power and then have to go and run a new switch and etc. So here is my little idea. Can I just run 8Ga wire straight from my battery and then connect it to a power distributor and then input all my neons into that block since all they neons only need 12v sources and the most neons I would install would be 8 also it will be clean and fused. Then from there all I would need are clean grounds and that isn’t hard. So I am asking all the wiring or electrician experts, is this a safe and good way to wire like 6-8 neons. Also if this aint a good idea or someone has a better idea or know of any sites that has good info or how- to that would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

Okay:

Any more than two sets of white lights facing forward is illegal

Any color that may be perceived as Blue, Red, Green, or Yellow facing the vehicle is illegal

Any visible strobing lights while on a public roadway are illegal

Underbody neons are legal as long as they are not the above colors. If they are they can only be on while the car is parked

Interior neons are legal as long as the bulb is not visible

I know I forgot one but I'll think of it. However, like mentioned before it's all illegal with the rice police!! w00t

Any more than two sets of white lights facing forward is illegal

what about the rednecks who put a bunch of lights on their trucks and go hunting? obviously laws on neons and such differ between states...so the best bet is to call your local police department and ask them if it's legal or not.

or just don't put neons on your car...

I talked to the police about the same thing cause one was gonna write me a ticket about my plate light. The police told me the exact same thing JoeCollins said. I live in Arizona so the laws are the same in some states. And yes the police don't like them.

Archived