bad idle

luvmyhonda

I recently bought my 95 del sol mainly cause it is clean no rust, was suprised to see its b18 b1 was also orignally a auto now a manual, the thing is at idle the car is really rough kinda shakes a lil bit also up to 2000rpm in first gear after that runs like a champ. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 93 sol with a b16 swap and my idol is all jacket up too...it does that rev up to 2800rmp then back to 1200rpm..anyone out there know what causes this....every honda I have had does this at some point.drives me nuts.....

sol searcher: mess with IAC first.. make sure it's clean and in working order

luvmyhonda: any other symptoms? CEL? go get some seafoam and run it in the tank to make sure your injectors are clean.. when is that last time you did a full tune up (plugs, wires, etc?)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

got it my one of my coworkers had a similar problem on his b20 swaped eg coupe helped me out , forgive not good with naming parts just like tearing apart and fixing but umm there was a vavle? beneath the throttle body/intake area took off the cover on backside and screwed little piece in and everythings all good now.... anyone wanna recommend a good turbo setup for an ls engine? also anyone have a clue where i can find legit carbonfiber doors found evrything but those and really want those lol thanks for the advice.

DelSolSweetie love the car wanted to do that front end conversion to my fisrt del sol looks awesome

dang really wanted those cf doors guess i could try and find a carbonfiber part manufacturer and ask for a custom job but thats way out my price range have to settle for the targa, hood, trunk, and fender prolly a nice lip too. as for a turbo setup, i want to start piecing together everything for next spring, ill be looking to make 300-350 wheel any ideas on what turbo kit would be best for that. Figure get the turbo kit first than base the injectors and evrything else off that.

DelSolSweetie i feel ya on that i have had plans to take off my hood and repaint it white and replace my lip i have a new one just never seem to get to it

Thats cool, i have been doing research for awhile just figured id see if anyone on here had already done one or a few and had any reccomendations. Likely will just end running a t3/t4 hybrid for awhile till i get used to having a turbo vehicle that isnt factiry than look to upgrade for more power. But yeah still doing research watin till next spring hopefully i ll be ready by than lol.

i ran a t3/t4 57 trim garrett. log mani (shitty mani but cheap) on a home brewed tune... custom intercooler piping with a johnny racecar intercooler (not available anymore) but that was my setup for my area and my type of driving... so you probably will look into something totally different.

Archived