what would you install

macius

in the 88 lxi what engine would you prefer to put in??? just wondering so i can get some ideas about what to do with the car...

dont swap any motor for an 88 lxi, its justa a waste of time and money, not to meantion its not a good car for major mods.

or you honda guys can goto autozone and get some "autozone" bolt ons for you car.  w00t lol

autozone also has ALOT of nissan bolt ons,even for the domestics, not many honda parts, i been there.. :laugh:

sorry i was offtopic..

well, see... the town im in most everyone who races, has an oldsmobile cutlass for somereason, either that or muscle cars, nobody here has an accord that has any mods on it. so i figured what the hell, why not get one and put a few mods on it, and see how it goes.

well I'd get an Accord that's more swap friendly than an 88. but whatever, good luck in your endeavor. maybe 3geez.com can help you, they'll prolly give you more respect than everyone on this forum who's telling you to get a new car.

just wondering so i can get some ideas about what to do with the car...

You should get some Fast and Furious seat belt pads. LED windshield washer nozzles and throw some altezzas on it. Think about the APC goods you can buy if you save the motor swap money. w00t

Now on a more serious note post pics of this 88' Accord and let's see what you got. I'm tired of these engine swap posts already NEWB!

If I had an 88 Accord I wouldn't start by swapping an operational motor. I've seen those motors surpass 200,000 miles easy and you want to swap it.

Keep it clean, keep it simple and I'm sure everyone will respect you for it. Buy some nice 17' rims/tires/ then drop the vehicle on springs w/ good shocks. This is what I would do and have plenty of money to spare.

In other words get rid of this engine swap fetish of yours.

17's suck.  Biggest I would go is 16.

On an 88' Accord!

To each his own right.

16 inch rims so he can race bye with a motor swap that most likely will not happen. I guess sixteen inch wheels still gets props where your from.

I've never seen pics of this yellow S2000 with the carbon fiber hood. You rollin on sixteen stock wheels right. Oh wait, is that your car :dunno:

This coming from a 17 year old with a stock 1996 Honda Civic DX hatchback. I'm not surprised at all. :laugh:

On an 88' Accord!

To each his own right.

16 inch rims so he can race bye with a motor swap that most likely will not happen. I guess sixteen inch wheels still gets props where your from.

I've never seen pics of this yellow S2000 with the carbon fiber hood. You rollin on sixteen stock wheels right. Oh wait, is that your car :dunno:

This coming from a 17 year old with a stock 1996 Honda Civic DX hatchback. I'm not surprised at all. :laugh:

1. He doesn't need a motor swap to race. There are classes for his car already.

2. People here think big wheels are cool. If you need your car to be cool for you, then thats sad.

3. It's one of Top Secrets customers car.

4. I'm not 17, I'm 16.

5. Say its stock by the end of winter.

6. I'd rather have my stock ass hatchback versus your riced out Accord.

so you think your stock hatchback can beat mine after some mods, maybe, but most likely not, i've already built an intake, bought and installed headers, changed the intake manifold and head over to the b18... gonna dyno it tomorrow, let you know the specs. plus found out that there'a a high performance parts store about 30 miles from where i live, they've got a lot of parts for my car like suspension, intakes, heads, comp cams, body kits (custom made), nos, valves, they can do porting and polishing, they have hoods, wings, etc... not too bad of prices either.

6. I'd rather have my stock ass hatchback versus your riced out Accord.

This comment made my day and was quite hilarious. So you just get your license and now you want to run your mouth. What's next, you gonna tell me that you paid for the hatch with your own money right.

Did I compare my car to yours? No, I didn't! You are the first one to say my Accord is riced out and I have been around car forums such as IL and HAN. Congrats NOOB!

Anyways seeing that my ride is riced out (lol), feel free to show me this "stock" hatch of yours with the Kenwood radio.

"Say it's stock after the winter" what does that mean, your mother is going to buy you some subs to go with that awesome radio for Christmas right. So what are these heavy mods that are in the works for after the winter.

i didnt mean headers, i meant header, and yes you can put a b18 manifold on a a20 engine block, but only if you get a spacer cause the bolt holes wont line up, now you quit talkin out of your ass

macius: i'm calling BS right now. i would be willing to bet that you haven't done a damn thing to your car other than beat the hell out of it attempting to race people that aren't even racing you, and then you think you can beat a civic hatch with a d16y8? are you joking? and why are you going to dyno a 88lxi with bolt on mod's? you're lying, and you'd be wasting money if you were telling the truth.

This comment made my day and was quite hilarious. So you just get your license and now you want to run your mouth. What's next, you gonna tell me that you paid for the hatch with your own money right.

Did I compare my car to yours? No, I didn't! You are the first one to say my Accord is riced out and I have been around car forums such as IL and HAN. Congrats NOOB!

Anyways seeing that my ride is riced out (lol), feel free to show me this "stock" hatch of yours with the Kenwood radio.

"Say it's stock after the winter" what does that mean, your mother is going to buy you some subs to go with that awesome radio for Christmas right. So what are these heavy mods that are in the works for after the winter.

1. I got my license over a year ago.

2. No, my parents bought it for me. I'm paying for eveything I do to it.

Did I compare my car to yours? No, I didn't!
This coming from a 17 year old with a stock 1996 Honda Civic DX hatchback
That second quote is pretty much saying "my car is better than yours."

4. And? Your Accord is riced out. I've been a member here for over a year, you're the n00b. Who gives a crap how long you've been on other forums.

5. Pics will be posted this week.

6. No, I don't give a crap about systems, all they do is add weight and throw off your balance. It means that after winter and quite a bit of my money, it won't be stock anymore. Read some post, a basic outline of my future mods have been listed.

and yes you can put a b18 manifold on a a20 engine block, but only if you get a spacer cause the bolt holes wont line up, now you quit talkin out of your ass
No, it won't bolt up. The A and B series components are not compatible at all. I belive you need to take a shower because you smell like bullcrap.

Any further O/T jibberish relating to this thread can be taken care of with a PM.

so you think your stock hatchback can beat mine after some mods, maybe, but most likely not, i've already built an intake, bought and installed headers, changed the intake manifold and head over to the b18... gonna dyno it tomorrow, let you know the specs. plus found out that there'a a high performance parts store about 30 miles from where i live, they've got a lot of parts for my car like suspension, intakes, heads, comp cams, body kits (custom made), nos, valves, they can do porting and polishing, they have hoods, wings, etc... not too bad of prices either.

you're welcome to run my stock del Sol.....all I have done is coilover sleeves and a muffler with stick piping. oh, and a del Sol is heavier than a hatchback!

i didnt mean headers, i meant header, and yes you can put a b18 manifold on a a20 engine block, but only if you get a spacer cause the bolt holes wont line up, now you quit talkin out of your ass

Go to 3 geez and scope out the Engine Swaps forum! The information there is more extensive. Being here talking to teenagers is a waste of time.

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?threadid=24322

^ Click here

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?threadid=24407

http://www.3geez.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=86

macius:  i'm calling BS right now.  i would be willing to bet that you haven't done a damn thing to your car other than beat the hell out of it attempting to race people that aren't even racing you, and then you think you can beat a civic hatch with a d16y8?  are you joking?  and why are you going to dyno a 88lxi with bolt on mod's?  you're lying, and you'd be wasting money if you were telling the truth.

Well said man, I partially agree with you.

But it's his car and he could do whatever he wants to it.

Archived