clutch replacement

93d3ls0l

ok so i gotta do a clutch in my buddies 99 si with a b16 and i was wondering how much different it will be from doing mine on my d15. what i mean by that is with my d15 i found it easier to pull the motor as it gave me more room to line up the clutch and pressure plate and all that crap.

so would it be roughly the same to pull the motor in the 99 si ? ( i know someone is gonna end up busting my balls for this but w.e... LOL )

also does anyone know any corners i can cut to make this a lil bit quicker. i'll be doing this off the ground all i have access to is jack , jack stands , and a motor hoist an obviously all the proper tools to do the job. thanks in advance for any help. im hoping i can get this done by starting at like 8 a.m and finishing before 10 p.m seems like 14 hours should be plenty enough time. i've never pulled a B series that i can remember so im not sure how much different it is from the D

i dont think it should be that much diffrence. try goin to hondahookup.com and lookin at the manual. you have to make an account but from what i hear its a great site that offers factory service manuals. iv been skimming through the website a little bit and they have tons of manuals.

It's the same process..which ever you find to be easiest, either pull engine or drop trans and support the engine..The clutch alignment tool is larger than the D-series one and the rear T-mount can be a pain but it's pretty straight forward and simple to do.

You never said what year you have, but it should be close...

my bad mine is a 92. the only difference i would imagine there is , is a few more plugs and what not. but anywho im pretty sure it wont be any problem im gonna just pull the motor and do it that way i like having the extra room. lol.

Archived