95' dx oil leak

blazeilly024

I have a bone stock 95 dx with 250k+ miles. Just a little while back it started leaking oil pretty good from the bottom of the car. After local diagnosis, problem was determined to be the oil pan gasket. So I replaced it. After completion of the pan gasket the leak all but stopped. By that I mean, I had stopped seeing drips in the driveway and the frequency of me adding oil had slowed. I decided to check the underside of the car and noticed a single drop forming on the oil pan drain plug. I cleaned it off and checked to see if it would form again while I was watchin and it didn't. The next day I checked again and there was anothr drop and so on. Over time it has gradually gotten worse to the point that it was before I replaced the gasket. I am looking for any type or form of advice that anyone can provide on this matter because I'm beginning to get extremely frustrated with it. I would greatly appreciate any input on the subject.

Thanks garae

Hey, thanx for the reply raley. Well... I have determined so far after looking a lil bit more in depth at it that the leak is coming from the top of the oil pan or above. I have repeatedly cleaned the pan and continue to see oil marks coming from what looks to be the top of it. But when I put the new gasket on it I cleand the surface as well as I could have, even permatexed the new gasket in place to prevent movement during installation. At first no oil leak present, only after driving the car for a couple of months did I start to notice the leak had returned. Do you think the bolts could have loosened themselves up? I have not checked them since re-installation was complete.

Well... I was runnin 10w30 but the valve seals in the head are startin to go out and it starts burnin real bad if I wind it out so I switched to 10w40 til I can get the head rebuilt or jus kop a new one. Been doin a lot of research on mini mees' but that still doesnt solve the leakin problem. Would like to jus yank it n rebuild the whole thing but its the only ride I got right now soo ima leave that for l8r. I'm kinda hopin it was just a bolt stripped out or somthin. I can't think of anything else. Man, I do greatly appreciate your help and info tho thanks seriously. Two heads are always better than one, and anything else you can think of would be just as great of help too.

i was out lookin around the car today, i think i found the breather box but it appears to be right under the intake manifold and a bit difficult to get a good look at it. i destroyed my phone today so i couldnt snap any pics, but if the weather holds out ima go out tomorrow n crawl up under there n see whats goin on. will definitely keep you posted on the results.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well... the floor up under the dash on the passenger side is pretty wet. Reason I ask is cause every once in a while the car will just start to run hot. Coolant level is ok and just replaced the thermostat and radiator water pump is still ok. I can't think of anything else to check.

do a compression test and leakdown test to the motor. if your running hot your headgasket may be bad even tho your coolant level is fine. my old d15 wouldent smoke the white smoke, or the oil wasnt milky, and no oil in coolant but i was still losing it. started small at first, hardly noticeable tbh. may not be much help but its my .02c

Thanks for the reply. I actually put a new head gasket on it about 7 months ago and I just re torqued the head bolts again just to make sure. Can you think of any other reasons for it to run hot.

Ya, it has been warming up slowly here. As for the ac, I removed that from the car this spring. My question is, if the heater core is leaking could it cause air to get in the system leaving parts of the motor un cooled.

Archived