itr swap drive

Trae%eh6

So i think most ppl on here know im getting ready to do a itr swap in my civic. The other week when i was driving i got a bad rod knock. So bye bye d16y8 and hello b18c....... So to the real question in July my wife and I will be driving across country to NC from CA and then back to CA. who thinks that this is a bad idea? Im up in the air about it because we will be doing the drive in like 2 and half days or so and its a little over 2000 miles

As long as you do a compression test and the lights are green then you'll be fine, well plus you need to make sure your installing the motor and tranny properly, dont just buy some cheap mounts and parts, if your going to do a swap you first things first is the motor stable, meaning you have to check all the seals and check for leaks ya know common sense basically. Then when your installing the motor just be sure to make sure you take your time with the wiring, last thing you need to have the harness melt against anything or have any frays in the wiring also try to avoid as much splicing or wire cutting as possible, they have harnesses that are sold for specific swaps online so just do that and its basically plug and play there, also make sure that your running the proper coding on the ECU so your not running to rich or lean,

I could go on but m sure you understand what im saying, take your time on the swap and replace the parts with decent parts and not some discount crap and you'll have a motor that will last you a long time and you can drive for another 100k no problem

i will not be doing the drive till july so it will be a while. im gettiing the motor from hmotorsonline. i know they do a compression test and a leak test on all motor and give you the paper work for it. i will also be replacing the following timing belt, water pump, valve cover gasket, and belt tensioner. as far for mount i will be going with hasport mount. everything should be plug and play its a obd2a motor its a 96-97 itr. the only wire i can think of that would be getting cut would be the wire for my vtec solenoid. the ecu was chipped on chrome its a p28 with a base map. thats is all i can think about.

well, the coding of crome or hondata or anything is not the same coding used by honda... the honda ecu is crazy smart, it actually adjusts things based on the speed you are traveling vs rpms (essentially it knows what gear you're in) now a crome map is just the closed thing that someone came up with to match the stock motor. check out pgmfi.org (if its still around) and read about it. i couldn't tell you exactly where to look, ive been in the game for to long to remember where i got my info from.

thanks bro i will check it out. i mean the only thing i dont want it to pick up on is a o2 sensor knock sensor and no governor. and then i just want to be able to tune it for like intake main and stuff like that. but i would love to go with s300 later. just i didnt want to run the stock p73. but i will have it in case i need it

as for tuning, i dunno what companies are around you or what they use but stop trying to get on the hondata bandwagon, yeah there stuff was good, but then K series came out and they stopped giving a frack about anything else. if you want good tuning get a Neptune system... its only one step below a full standalone custom built for your car.

as for tuning, i dunno what companies are around you or what they use but stop trying to get on the hondata bandwagon, yeah there stuff was good, but then K series came out and they stopped giving a frack about anything else. if you want good tuning get a Neptune system... its only one step below a full standalone custom built for your car.

i will have to check that out i can say ive never heard of them but i will be checking them out here in a few

if you do the swap right and it doesnt show any problems i dont see why you couldnt do it

besides the motor make sure tires and everything are good to go too.. thats a lot of miles in two days and probably driving constantly

it is i mean for tires i need some here in a few months but with the car down now i dont have to worry about it. but i will be buying new tires and a camber kit and also doing a aliment b4 i head out there

Archived